15

Black Phoenix had given in already. It took only a couple of minutes for Red Veteran to convince her to let the others come along for backup. The old theatre was abandoned after the money stopped coming in. Not many were disappointed. Some rich guy owned the property now and because of that nobody ever really bothered to come around. Because of the age, most things hadn't changed, but there was an airfield within eyesight. 

Black Phoenix walked inside. There were cobwebs, but she could see what was left behind by the enemy. The place was definitely habitable. 

"They're on their way to the airfield." Fantasia's voice came through the coms.

"What you mean 'they'?" Black Phoenix questioned as she rushed through the building to the next exit. 

"There's three guys with him. I know for sure that one of them is Spine. I don't who the other two are." Fantasia replied. Black Phoenix huffed as she threw the door opened. 

"Just come and get me so I can help." 

She broke out into a sprint with one arm held in the air. Then she was lifted off the ground. Flying at highspeed. Red Veteran was fighting a different guy, he was smaller than Spine by a lot. Black Phoenix only knew him by reputation. He was called the Jackal. He was nasty, small and agile but Black Phoenix herself wouldn't be able to overpower him herself, all in all, she was glad to have her team around. 

Fantasia dropped her on the ground as RV was brought down to his knees. Red Veteran appeared to be in pain though no one was touching him.

Black Phoenix wasted no time. She ran at Jackal with her sword in hand. There was control in her attack. It was a sure win for this battle.

Until her wrist was put into a painfully tight grip causing her to drop the sword. When she saw who the perpetrator was, it created the purest shock. The only shock she'd felt since she was a kid. 

"What the hell?" she grunted. 

"It's not him anymore, darling." Jackal spoke. He walked away. No one stopped him. Nobody saw him go. They were too busy. Fantasia and Owl were focused on Spine. 

Black Phoenix broke free of her comrade's hold. She remembered the training. She used every thing she knew about him and none of it worked. 

He was winning and she knew that Jackal put one order into his head; Kill

Breathless, laying with her face just inches away from the ground. She pressured herself into thought and like usual, she got a last minute idea. 

"This isn't you, man." she spoke. He pulled her head back by her hair and slammed her head into the ground. 

Her vision blurred. Her face was littered with cuts and coated with blood and dirt. Her ears began to ring loudly. 

"Soldiers don't turn on their comrades, RV." she tried again. It didn't work and this time, he threw her into one of the pillars of the building. 

The ringing got louder. Her vision got blurrier. There was only one option, one that she was hoping to avoid. 

She pulled herself back onto her feet, she saw him approaching her and she waited for the perfect moment. 

Then she let it out. It was the first time she was using it at that high of strength. 

The scream sent him flying back. It put dents in the aircrafts. Shattered windows. Sent Spine covering his ears as well as her teammates. 

And she collapsed. 

"What are you doing? Let him go, Deacon. Spine, you stop fighting them immediately and get those two inside quickly. Now!" 

And the darkness enveloped her. 

~

Hello!! 

I don't know if you've noticed but I posted a link on my profile in conversations. It's for a petition to take down NovelHD. I just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't seen it yet, so moving on... 

It took me a long time to figure out what I was going to do with this chapter because I had too many ideas that I won't bore you with because I might use them later on. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I certainly enjoyed writing it!!

Please vote and comment below!! 

And if you haven't already, give me a follow! 

Have an amazing evening in case I don't get another chapter out tonight!!