10

Fantasia and Owl flew beside Black Phoenix and Red Veteran as they walked along the rooftop. For the past few minutes, Owl, Fantasia and Black Phoenix had been questioning Red Veteran who thought he was giving a reasonable explanation. 

"I don't get what you guys are asking me. I was there, it happened, that's all I know." Red Veteran spoke. 

"But you just said that you witnessed slaughter," Fantasia pointed out. 

"I didn't give the orders. An outranking soldier did." 

Black Phoenix nodded. "What about Beatlemania?" 

"We're in America." he told her. She scoffed. 

"I'm like the biggest fan of The Beatles in this decade, I know they came to America, in fact they stopped through here once, you gotta tell me about what it was like back then." she spoke. He sighed. 

"I wasn't into them, but, I can remember a night they came through. Every girl in town was outside of their hotel and they were up on the balcony waving at them. I can tell you one thing, the way those girls screamed, the only way to describe it would be you." He told Black Phoenix who rolled her eyes at the joke before playfully shoving him. 

"What do you mean you weren't into them?" 

He shrugged. "I was more of a Creedence Clearwater Revival guy," 

"Yeah, they were pretty cool." Black Phoenix spoke. Fantasia groaned. 

"We got some lowlifes." 

Black Phoenix jumped up on the edge before crouching down. She saw the guys with guns, pulling the girls out of the van.  

"Maybe, I'll get to pistol whip somebody." she breathed. That was the one time when everybody else was giving her the weird looks. 

"It's been a while." she admitted. That was when people just shook their heads and ignored it simply because they knew she was serious and that she was probably going to get her wish. 

~

Black Phoenix whistled as she walked down the alleyway toward the van, the baton between both hands. The men pulling and pushing the girls around stopped when they heard her. Most of them just watched her until she got closer. That was when the leader--the biggest of the bunch started walking toward her, gun raised. 

"Stop!" he shouted but she didn't stop. She kept stepping forward defiantly. So, he lowered his gun and approached her, getting in her face. 

"What do you hear when I say stop, bitch?" 

She brought her gaze up. Amusement pricked her dark brown eyes. 

"What do you think?" she questioned. Sass and sarcasm hung off every word. The big guy didn't like that so much. 

He made a threatening move and Black Phoenix brought her foot down on his knee and the baton down on his head. 

The rest of the team joined in. Fantasia using her powers to make them go to sleep, Owl and Red Veteran knocking them all unconscious similar to how Black Phoenix was. 

And just like that, there was none left. None of the traffickers left conscious. None of the women stayed long enough to figure out that they were being saved. 

The Slifshire heroes were feared. They weren't like the other heroes who were loved. The Slifshire heroes were the freaks to the people of their own city. 

~

Two chapters!!! Woohoo!!!!!! I had fun writing this chapter. Seriously, RV describes Beatlemania and then they all kick some ass!! This is possibly the best chapter I've ever written.

I'm kidding. The best chapter I've ever written is probably chapter five. 

Any who, have an amazing night, please comment, vote etc. 

Thank you all for reading!!!!!!!!!!!!