𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 : 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐲

* because we hit 500k reads :) *

REAL LIFE

1 year, 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days

1 year, 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days. It's a long time period that can go by very quickly when you're having fun. That's how Amelia felt when she woke up that Tuesday morning in her Monaco apartment and realised she and Lando had been together for exactly one year. A year full of his annoying ass, his catchy laugh and his adorable dimps. It was a year filled with love, laughter, and heartbreaks, but she wouldn't change it for a bit.

She stretched herself and looked to her right, only to see an empty side of the bed. Then the realisation hit her. Lando wasn't here on their anniversary. He was still in Miami because his flight got cancelled, and he would only be in Monaco by tomorrow. And because he would be on the flight home for the entire day, they couldn't FaceTime as well. Amelia thought it sucked because she had planned a great day for the two of them. But Lando promised he would make it up to her tomorrow and give her the best anniversary she could wish for.

It took her some motivation to get out of her bed since she wasn't looking forward to this day at all now that Lando wasn't here. She decided to get her mind off it by going on a run along the coastline of Monte Carlo. When she got back to their apartment, she took a shower and made herself a delicious breakfast, which she ate while sitting on the balcony, enjoying the gorgeous view over the harbour.

Amelia had just laid her cutlery down on her plate when she heard the doorbell ring. A little confused, she stood up from her chair and walked to the front door camera. She answered and saw Kelly, Mia, Charlotte and Amber standing on her doorstep.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" She asked surprised through the intercom.

"Can you just let us in before asking questions? My feet are hurting from all the walking," Amber complained a little impatient, letting Amelia chuckle a little before letting her friends inside. It took a minute or two before the girls were on the right floor and stood before her front door. Amelia let them in, and they took place in the living room.

"I appreciate y'all being here, but why?" Amelia asked her friends again. She was glad she could spend this day with her friends, don't get her wrong, but she really wanted Lando to be there with her.

"Lando texted us about his flight and asked us to keep you company for today to take your mind off it for a bit," Charlotte explained as she laid her arm around Amelia's shoulder to comfort her a little. A haze of love washed over her body from the presence of her friends. What had she done to deserve these girls?

"We thought it would be a great idea to take you out shopping and go for dinner later in the evening," Kelly said and stood up from the sofa. "So, are you ready?" She handed her hand out to Amelia and pulled her up from the couch.

"I guess I don't have much of a choice, do I?" Amelia laughed at them, and all shook their heads. She got her stuff together and walked out of her apartment together with the greatest friends of all time. This wasn't the anniversary she had in mind, but the presence of her closest friends made this day at least a little better.