𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

REAL LIFE

The Hungarian sun burned on Amelia's skin as she walked towards the Red Bull garage, not in a McLaren polo for once

The Hungarian sun burned on Amelia's skin as she walked towards the Red Bull garage, not in a McLaren polo for once. As she promised him, she would watch Max and the rest of Red Bull Racing this weekend. Just because her boyfriend drove for McLaren didn't mean she couldn't look at other teams. Over the past few weekends, she'd visited team Williams often enough because of George. McLaren and Williams were, of course, her favorite teams, but without a doubt came Red Bull Racing next. In doing so, she deviated from the rest of her family, who were fans of Mercedes. But she didn't like them as much as they did, especially after last race weekend. That weekend had caused a lot of drama. Worse than all the hassle with Lando's ex, which she still felt wasn't over. She started the race in the McLaren garage, but she quickly ran to the Red Bull garage to ensure her Dutch friend was all right after the massive crash. The race continued. Lewis received what she believes was a fair penalty and eventually won the race. She didn't think it was unfair, unlike many fans. Lewis had driven back to the front from his penalty. But she had to admit that she was a bit ashamed of her compatriot when she saw him celebrate his victory, which she said to the 7-time world champion. Not that he cared much about that. And that didn't surprise her either. She had been talking to the Brit several times. She always thought he was a nice guy and respected him. The only thing she often noticed was that he cared little for the opinions of others. Sometimes it was positive, this time negative. Lando had dragged in a steady P5, something he could be proud of even though he wasn't. But hey, it's Lando, one of the most self-critical people in the entire paddock.

The week between Silverstone and the Hungaroring should have been a week of rest. Lando and Amelia tried to live past the fights that played out in the F1 world and focus mainly on Amelia's move. She had finally received the key to her first apartment. During the rainy days that were supposed to represent the English summer, they were mainly busy transferring her things to her new place. In addition to the move, summer vacation also had to be planned. Both had been given two weeks off from headquarters. They were thinking about going on holiday together but decided to go on a trip with some relatives and friends anyway. It was mainly Lando's friends and family who went along. Most of Amelia's friends were girlfriends of other drivers who had already planned their vacation and wouldn't be able to go with her and Lando. Amelia was unsure whether she would go with Lando's friends and family since she didn't know many of his friends. But her boyfriend insisted she go with him and secured a place for Amber, Amelia's only single friend. Because Mia, well, she and Daniel were serious now. They were very closed about their relationship, unlike Amelia and Lando, but by now, they had told their friends that they were a couple. Much to Amelia's happiness, of course, she couldn't be happier for her best friend. That Amber would come along was what eventually persuaded Amelia to go to warm Croatia.

The two have not had a tranquil week. Before she knew it, she was already crossing the paddock here. This time it was the Hungaroring paddock, meaning it was the last race before the summer break. But it also meant that they are already halfway through the season. The time flew by quickly. Her new, busier life didn't help either. On the contrary, it just made the time go faster. But the life she had now created made her so happy. Lando was undoubtedly the one she owed most of it to. A smile appears on her face as she thinks about how grateful she is for him and how happy he makes her. His bright blue eyes staring at her as often as they can. His loud laugh always making her laugh too. His occasional childish behavior always cheering her up. If he wasn't in Daniel's trailer at the time, who knows what would have happened. She doesn't even want to think about it.