𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐲.

REAL LIFE

It was Amelia's favorite time of the year, Christmas

It was Amelia's favorite time of the year, Christmas. The days she usually spent with her family, opening presents and eating delicious food made by her mom. Only not this year. This time she would spend the day with her family-in-law, to which she was really looking forward.

Even though she had seen her inlaws many times now, she still felt a little bit nervous about today. It was another first with them, and for every new one, she couldn't help it to feel worried about it. Would they be happy with the present she bought for them? Was the food she made for tonight's dinner tasty?

Lando had explained to her how it was a tradition within the Norris family that every part of the family made something for the Christmas dinner. He had also explained how he managed to get around it in the last few years since he was a terrible chef. But Amelia refused not to do anything for this year.

Usually, the house would be decorated with Christmas lights, a Christmas tree, and all kinds of presents. However, the only boxes that decorated the house this year were moving boxes. Almost everything was packed now, except for some clothes and other stuff they would bring to their trip to Dubai for New Year's Eve. What should've been a short trip only to celebrate New Year became an almost four-week-during trip to the big city. A lot of Lando's friends would come along, and it would be the last time they could just relax and have fun before the F1 2022 season would start.

Amelia places her phone against one of the moving boxes on the counter and facetimes her mom. The phone rings a few times before her mom and dad appear on her screen.

"Hey mom! Hey dad! Merry Christmas!" She greets them and waves at them.

"Merry Christmas honey!" Her mom smiles.

"Is Lando there? We want to wish him Merry Christmas as well," her dad says.

Amelia nods. "Yeah, one second." She turns her head away from the phone. "Babe?! Can you come down for a second?!" She screams through the house. She hears a fade answer coming from upstairs. A couple of seconds later, Lando appears in the kitchen while closing the last few buttons from the white shirt he was wearing.

"Hey Alison, hey Steve! Merry Christmas," he greets his parents-in-law and stands behind Amelia. He places his hands on either side of her and lets them lean against the counter.

"Merry Christmas, boy! How are you two?" Steve says.

"We're good. Everything's packed up and ready to go," Lando tells them and presses a small kiss on the back of Amelia's head afterward. Amelia's cheeks start to blush because of his sweet gesture, and she automatically starts to smile. She never felt very comfortable being clingy in front of her parents, but Lando didn't seem to mind it at all.

"How's everything over there?" She asks her parents, trying to distract herself.

"Everything's ready for when the family comes over later. We'll make sure to leave some leftovers for when you two are coming over tomorrow," her mom chuckles.