𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

REAL LIFE

Amelia and Lando soon exchanged the lousy weather of Spa for the warm sun of Zandvoort

Amelia and Lando soon exchanged the lousy weather of Spa for the warm sun of Zandvoort. It was Friday and the stands were already packed with people dressed in orange shirts. The atmosphere here was indescribable. No driver had seen so many people and so much fun on Friday, and they couldn't wait for Sunday. It would be one big party, and all for one driver. Team McLaren felt completely at home with their orange team color. But the Zandvoort staff also provided a warm welcome to all teams. Everyone was treated to a delicious stroopwafel and everything was very well arranged, even though it was so tight here. Other circuits could learn from this, that was clear.

Amelia walked across the paddock of Zandvoort together with George. Lando was still in a meeting, so Amelia decided to spend her time with George in the meantime. He was already busy, especially with all the rumors about his transfer to Mercedes. He didn't say much about it, not even to his family. But his grays that occasionally appeared on his face during conversations on the subject said enough. Anyway, as long as nothing was signed and George didn't say anything, nothing was official. Because he was always so busy, it was nice to spend an afternoon with him now.

As they walk towards the Williams motorhome, they run into Mercedes team boss Toto Wolf. As soon as he sees the two, he steps over to them and puts his hand on George's shoulder. "And, did you tell the good news already?" He winks at the young Brit and then looks at Amelia. She looks back at George with a confused look. "What's he talking about? You got a deal?" George puts his hand on her back and pushes her towards the Williams motorhome. "Not here," he hisses as they walk away. They can just hear Toto laughing as they walk in. George leads her to his room and locks the door behind them so that no one can disturb them.

"Don't mess with me right now," Amelia says, trying to suppress her enthusiasm. "You're driving for Mercedes next year? Officially?" She looks at him hopefully. The biggest smile you can imagine appears on George's face and he nods in agreement. "Oh my god! Congrats!" Amelia flies around her brother's neck and wraps her arms tightly around him. "I'm so proud of you," She notices in her voice that she is getting emotional and tears are already starting to sting behind her eyes. "Thank you," George says hoarsely through the lump in his throat. They let go of each other and look at each other with teary eyes, causing them both to laugh. "Look at us, crying over a contract," George chuckles and wipes some tears from the corners of his eyes. "But a very special contract," Amelia says as she does the same. "You can't tell anyone, though, not even Lando. You have to keep it a secret until next week, okay?" George's voice immediately sounds a lot more serious. Amelia nods in full conviction and takes a few deep breaths to let the tears go away.

"Remember when you took those pictures of me on the balcony of the Williams motorhome last week?" George asks. She nods as a sign that she remembers that moment and, in the meantime, takes a seat on the couch. "They're going to be the announcement pictures next Tuesday," George sits down next to her and grins as he sees her eyes widen at the news. "You already knew then?" She looks at him in disbelief. Guilty, George confesses with a nod. "You liar. Why didn't you tell me?" She looks at him fake insulted. "Because I had to keep it a secret. Team orders," "It's the worst kept secret though, not gonna lie. Everyone can tell this news is coming out soon," she chuckles. "Yeah, true," George chuckles and scratches behind his ear. "Fact," she winks and they both burst out laughing.

Later in the afternoon, Amelia and Lando walk off the paddock with Jon towards the car. They hear many fans calling their names from the stands and when they look up, they see many people in orange shirts waving at them from the stands. "This is crazy," Jon says. "Those fans are just mental," Laughing, Lando looks at the fans and gives them a wave before arriving at their car. "I like it. I've never seen something like this before," Amelia says, waiting in front of the car door until Jon unlocks the car so they can get in. Jon gets behind the wheel and Lando takes a seat next to him. Amelia sits in the backseat and they drive off to their hotel a few minutes away.

Almost immediately after they arrived in their hotel room, Lando had to leave for his training with Jon. Amelia had a moment of peace that she hadn't had in a long time. She decided to work on some photos of the team yesterday and today before going into relax mode. After an hour of editing, she tiredly closes her laptop and thinks about what she would do. She checks the time on her phone. Lando would be back in about half an hour, after which they would have dinner with him and Isa for Carlos's birthday. So she had plenty of time to take a bath. Not every hotel room they've been in had a bath, but this one did. So it was a good time to take advantage of it. Amelia walks into the bathroom and turns on the tap so that the bath can already be filled. She looks for some bath foam in the cupboards under the sink, which she finds quite quickly. When the tub is almost full, she undresses and steps into the warm water with bubbles. She quickly puts her hair up in a loose bun and puts some music on her phone, after which she settles down in the delicious bath.

She is startled when she hears the hotel room suddenly open. "Babe?" She hears Lando ask after a moment of silence, during which he's probably put his things aside. "In the bathroom," she calls back, and not much later, the door swings open. Lando enters the room quite sweaty and looks at her a bit surprised. "Since when do you take a bath?" He chuckles and leans against the door frame, looking amusingly in her direction. He really enjoyed this view. "Since we don't have a bath at home, even if it's the best thing in the world," she says with a duh tone. "You wanna join me?" She sees Lando hesitate for a moment, but eventually, he nods and pulls his shirt over his head. He undresses further, then also steps into the bath and sits across from her. "So, how was your day?"

—————

INSTAGRAM POST

♡ LIKED BY MIAATAYY AND 362

♡ LIKED BY MIAATAYY AND 362.639 OTHERS

@ameliarussell: not sure what i like more: this bubble bath or the atmosphere here in Zandvoort 🧡

—————

@username: definitely Zandvoort, missed this amount of fans!
@ameliarussell: yeah it's been a long time since we had a party like this @username

@landonorris: what about the guy right in front of you?
@ameliarussell: meh he's okay ig @landonorris
@landonorris: that didn't hurt at all 🥲 @ameliarussell
@landia: you two are the best couple ever @ameliarussell @landonorris
@landonorris: glad at least you think i'm great @landia

@username: pretty girlll 😍😍

@charlottesiine: oehhh though choice. Zandvoort is awesome but a bubble bath sounds good to me 💞

@maxverstappen1: def Zandvoort 🧡🦁🇳🇱

@username: hmmm i'd prefer the bubble bath

@kellypiquet: babeee
@ameliarussell: 😊😊 @kellypiquet