𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

REAL LIFE

After giving all the interviews, Lando walks towards his drivers' room

After giving all the interviews, Lando walks towards his drivers' room. He greets and thanks some of his team members upon entering the motorhome and then heads upstairs, where both drivers' rooms are. When he walks into his room, Amelia is waiting for him on the couch.

"Hey you," she says with the biggest smile as she gets up. Lando drops his water bottle and cap on the little table next to him and walks towards her to take her in his arms. She wraps her arms around his middle and holds him tight, as does he. They stand in the middle of the room, holding each other for a couple of minutes. The silence between them said everything. They were done. It was finished. The season was over. Max was a world champion, and there would be no races for at least three months.

Lando kisses the side of her head before ending their long hug. Slowly she lets go of him and watches him get ready to take a quick shower. She stares at his topless body she still can't get used to with a small grin on her face.

"Do you want to do something tonight?" Lando asks her as he leans against the doorframe leading to the tiny bathroom in his room. Amelia shrugs while taking place on the couch again.

"I don't know. Maybe we can drop by Max's after-party?" She suggests.

"If there will be an after-party," Lando says. "I heard Mercedes have already filed two protests against the end result of the race."

"No way," Amelia says with a little disbelieve in her voice. "I thought they wanted to win the championship on track," she chuckles. Lando smiles at her but gives no reply back.

"I'll text Kelly about the situation, and you take a shower. I can smell you from here," she winks at him with a grin. Lando takes a threatening step her way but then grins, walks into the bathroom, and closes the door behind him.

After 15 minutes, Lando walks out of the bathroom fresh and dressed and sits down next to Amelia, who puts her phone away after texting Kelly about the situation with the stewards.

"Red Bull and Merc just left the stewards' office. It is now waiting for a decision from the FIA," she informs him and lets her head rest on his shoulder. Lando slides his arm around her shoulders and lets his head rest on hers.

"Do you have to go to debrief?" She asks him, and he shakes his head.

"No, luckily not," he mumbles as tiredness slowly starts to kick in.

"I can't believe the season's over." Amelia grabs his free hand and intertwines their fingers. Lando stares at their connected hands and rubs with his thumb over hers.

"Me neither. It's gone by so fast." He lifts his head off hers and kisses her crown. "Thank you for being there for me this season." Amelia takes her head off his shoulders, and their eyes meet each other.