𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

@AMELIARUSSELL'S INSTAGRAM STORY

—————
REAL LIFE

It was Monaco's turn this weekend

It was Monaco's turn this weekend. A classic yet special circuit that had a special place in Lando's heart.  He, therefore, hoped that Amelia could join him this weekend to experience this great spectacle in person. But unfortunately, the team didn't allow that. According to them, there was no place for Amelia due to the many celebrities who were guests this weekend. At least that's what they told him.  In reality, Amelia is taking the next flight after them to Monaco to surprise him there.

After a long FaceTime call, Lando had to hang up because the plane had to leave.  She had taken some screenshots of their conversation and posted one on her instagram story before rolling off the bed and zipping up her suitcase on the floor.  On her story, she puts a short text about that she's jealous that he's gone to make it even more convincing for him that she isn't coming. After that, she picks up her suitcase and lifts it downstairs. George is waiting for her down the stairs since she's joining his flight.

They get picked up by the rest of the team just like with Bahrain. While driving towards the airport Amelia thinks about how Lando's going to react to her appearance. He will be surprised, that's one thing that's sure. But other than that she has no idea what his reaction is going to be.

During the trip, she only gets more nervous. She is really looking forward to surprising him... tomorrow. She had to spend the whole day in Monaco today without being seen by him. She had arranged with the team to surprise him in the garage tomorrow during the media day. Lando always popped in there after doing his track walk. But not being seen by him today is probably going to be a pain.  Monaco isn't huge and it doesn't help that Williams and McLaren are staying in the same hotel. For those reasons, she had arranged to spend the night with Daniel tonight. He lived in Monaco, so he would spend the day at home. That way the chance of being seen by him was a lot smaller.

When they enter the arrivals hall, she sees Daniel waiting for them. She says goodbye to George and walks out of the airport with Daniel. That same evening, she sits on a chair on the balcony of Daniel's apartment with her feet against the railing. Daniel steps out onto the balcony and puts the drinking glasses he was holding on the table between them.

Amelia looks out over the track and watches the people in the street. At the moment there are still normal cars on the track, in two days that will of course be different. The atmosphere on the street is pleasant and if you look closely you can hardly notice the wealth of Monaco. The people on the street come together and enjoy this evening in May.

Daniel settles in his chair and glances at Amelia for a moment before following her gaze onto the street.

"So, what's the plan for tomorrow?" He asks her and takes a sip of his water.

"Well, first I'm having breakfast with George tomorrow morning. After that, Charlotte told me she would pick me up from the restaurant George and I would be at while Lando's at his press conference. She then takes me to the garage before Lan will be there. And from there on we'll see what happens." She explains to him. Daniel nods approvingly and stretches.

"So what's the deal between you two? Has he officially asked you or is he being a scared little shh- you know what I mean," Daniel chuckles. Amelia chuckles with him and shrugs.

"He hasn't asked me, but things are getting more serious lately. I guess we're slowly getting out of the 'we'll see where things go'-phase,"

Daniel, laughing, rubs his fingers between his eyebrows and shakes his head.

"That boy is going to be my death someday. You know, he has been talking about asking you for days now. I can't believe he still hasn't done it,"

Not knowing what to say to that, Amelia bites her lip and stares at the stars in the sky. For the rest of the evening the two talk about the upcoming race and the new livery of the car, which looks fantastic by the way. Around eleven o'clock they both go to bed. Amelia sleeps restlessly, worrying about the upcoming day. She hopes everything will go well. Because if that were the case, this might just be one of the best weekends of her life.

—————

INSTAGRAM POST

♡ LIKED BY AMELIARUSSELL AND 279

♡ LIKED BY AMELIARUSSELL AND 279.048 OTHERS

@georgerussell63: Monaco brunch 😋🇲🇨

—————

@landonorris: is that fish for brunch? mate ew, you're disgusting 🤢
@ameliarussell: i know right?! that's what i told him as well over facetime
@georgerussell63: what's wrong with fish?
@landonorris: let's just say i prefer the watermelon

@landonorris: who are we having brunch with btw ?? 😏😏
@georgerussell63: with someone you know really well
@username: i bet it's Lia!
@ameliarussell: nope still sitting here at home 😢

@username: 😍😍😍

@ameliarussell: why can't you just live in Monaco?
@georgerussell63: bc if i did, you would be over all the time
@ameliarussell: that's fun right? 😉
@georgerussell63: no, just no

@lewishamilton: looks good man!

@williamsracing: nice meal 😋