𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

REAL LIFE

The following day, Amelia wakes up in her own bed

The following day, Amelia wakes up in her own bed. For the first time in a long time, she was in her old room. A place she hoped she wouldn't be in anymore. Soon the scene from yesterday is running through her mind. Lando's jealousy and silence ran through her mind. It broke her heart when he didn't say he trusted her. Even though he didn't say he didn't, his silence hurt. They'd been together for five months, and she'd hoped they'd both built up trust in each other. At least she trusted him completely. She couldn't understand why he couldn't say he trusted her.

She picks up her phone from her nightstand to see if Lando happened to contact her. Nothing. His name was not present on her screen. Despite their quarrels, she missed him greatly. The emptiness next to her in her bed only made it worse. With a sigh, she puts her phone down next to her and turns on her side. She grabs her pillow with both hands and squeezes it, fighting back the tears. She missed everything she could miss about him. She missed his arm around her, his morning kisses in her hair and the sweet compliments he gives her every morning when they wake up. But then again, she was so hurt by him. She could somewhat forgive his jealousy but not his silence.

She is brought out of her thoughts by two knocks on her door. After a few seconds, the door is gently opened.

"Lia?" She hears George ask softly. "Are you awake?"

"Yeah," she says softly. She hears his footsteps approaching her bed and not much later she feels the mattress sag a little because George has come to lie down next to her.

"How did you sleep?" He asks.

"Hm...not too bad," she says and turns to him. She sees George sitting up, leaning his back against the headboard of her bed. She sits up and then leans against him with her head on his shoulder. He puts his arm around his shoulders and his head on her head.

"Have you heard anything from him?" she asks after a moment of silence. She feels him shaking his head.

"No, but let's not talk about him right now. How are you holding up?" he asks slightly concerned. She shrugs.

"Right now I just miss him. He hurt me, but despite that, I miss him terribly," she sighs.

"I know you miss him, and I know he hurt you. But you also have to realize you hurt him too," he says, kissing the top of her head.

"He didn't have to be jealous. Jason and I are just good friends. I have no feelings for him... anymore," she counters.

"Yeah, I know that. But Lando didn't. It was the first time he met Jason, and when you spend all day with Jason instead of your own boyfriend, it gives him a very different impression. Besides, Jason made it very clear to everyone else that he still has feelings for you. Of course that doesn't help either," George explains.

"Jason still has feelings for me?"

"Oh shut up, Lia. Even a blind person could see Jason still liked you."