Revelations

'Am I not good enough and is he better for you? There was just a wall. Don't cry about the destiny we were born with. Cause we are all free. If we have wings like birds, We could go anywhere. If we don't have a place to return to, We might not be able to go anywhere. I don't want to just live. This world is cruel but I still love you. Even if I sacrifice everything, I will protect you.'

- A child of Evil [Attack on Titan Ending Ost 7]

...

"Aaron? What brings you here?"

Victor would never admit it, but he dreaded the answer. Aaron respected him a lot, but he doubted that admiration would be enough for the boy to seek him out himself. And if someone else had sent the boy after him, he had no doubt it would be someone from the royal family. It'd be fine if it was Louis who was concerned after him, he could take his friend mothering him. But if it was the Captain...

He felt like running away.

"Victor." Aaron sighed, as if a huge burden had been pushed off his shoulders. "Thank goodness I found you here. I wouldn't know where else to look."

"What is the reason you're here?" Victor cut to the chase.

"You disappeared on us." Aaron said, in his matter of fact, dead voice. "Do you even know how insane Louis is acting right now? The King is barely able to hold him back from running off. And don't even get me started on Mr. Henry-"

"So, are you here to give me an hourly update on the royal castle happenings?" Victor asked, in his own dead, unamused voice, sarcasm dripping from it. "Because I am not the least bit interested."

"Victor, can you not right now?" Aaron said frustratedly. "I do have a good reason for visiting."

"Well, get on with it then. You are hogging my shop."

"My friend." The younger boy raised an eyebrow. "It's noon. The shop is empty for the time being."

"And?"

"Alright, fine." Aaron sighed again, like the eighty year old his soul truly was, despite his young age. "I know there's no winning against Mr. Callioux when he's this ruthless. I will get on with the issue now."

"You better." Victor warned.

Procuring an envelope from the inner pocket of his coat, Aaron waved it a little. "You might want to take a look at this."

"Aaron, if it is a letter from someone I do not wish to have any contact with any longer, then God help me, because I will shove that paper so far up your-"

"Victor! Shut up! It is not a letter from Henry! Far from it actually." Aaron had never been a person to sugarcoat his words.

"Then what the fuck is it?" Victor demanded.