Chapter 9: Home

Chapter 9: Home

"Are you sure? You were so excited. That little bastard!" Alex said.

"It's not his fault. I take full blame for all of this." I replied.

"I'm not letting you do this! I'm going to talk to him, or you are. You can't just give up like that."

"He doesn't like me, he said so. It's done. I'm moving back."

"You know that's a lie! He was just mad!"

"I don't care. Now help me with my bags." I said picking my stuff up off the floor of my now empty room. It was like the first day I moved in. The bed was still in the corner, desk, chair, dresser, closet. It was empty. It's really happening. It's really done.

Liam, Louis, Alex, and Harry helped carry mine and Alex's bags to the car. Niall and Zayn didn't come. Niall probably didn't want to say goodbye, and Zayn couldn't care less.

"Are you sure you want to go?" Liam asked.

"Yes" I lied. I didn't want to go, but I had to. I couldn't take being around Zayn anymore.

Liam hugged me and then Harry. Louis, Alex, and I got into the car. I was giving it to Liam as a present. 

"Bella, you don't have to." he said as he drove.

"I want to"

"I know that's a lie! Why do you want to leave? And tell the truth."

"I can't be around Zayn. It's been a week since Australia and it's been...awkward."

"He has been weird. Trying to avoid you." Alex added from the back seat.

"That's because he is." Louis added.

"He was fine with Niall and I kissing, but not Harry saying he like me?" I asked.

"Well that kiss didn't mean anything, but you practically said you like Harry."

"Wait! What? You kissed Niall?! When did that happen?"

"Night of graduation, not really a big deal."

"Oh good, because isn't he dating Gayle?"

"Uh, I don't know." I said looking at Louis. He shrugged.

We pulled up to the airport and got our bags from the trunk. Louis walked us to the gate.

"Are you coming to the concert next month, right?" Louis whispered in my ear as he hugged me.

"Of course." I replied holding back tears. How could I really leave?

Alex and Louis kissed before we got on the plane. It was my fault they are being split up. NO! It's Zayn's! If he wasn't such a jerk they could actually be together.

We got our seats on the plane and we sat in silence.

"I'm really sorry Bella." Alex said after we were in the air.

"About what?"

"You and Zayn. Leaving. It's all horrible."

"Not really. It's all like it never happened." I replied staring at the back of the seat in front of me.

 "We're here" Alex said. I got out of my seat and grabbed my carry on that held my computer, which I didn't need since I slept the whole time. We went to the pick up area and saw Rachel, my step mum, waving for us. I could tell she was excited before I saw her attempting to jump to be high enough to see us with heels on. She was getting what she wanted, me. She wanted me to move in with them so she would have a family- because two kids wasn't enough for her. I don't get why she wanted me, no one wanted me, even my fiance. Well my ex-fiance. Liam and I had a fight. Niall loved me even though I was a bitch. So now I have one..

By the time I had a total of five people that liked me, we were almost home from a twenty minute drive to Alex's house, and a eight minute drive back to Nate and Rachel's. Of course I'm probably down to four because I ignored Alex the whole ride whilst trying to count.

"You're quiet." Rachel said interrupting my thoughts.

"Just thinking"

"About what?" She was really trying to care.

"Leaving"

"Well, you'll have a better time here." she smiled. Doubt that. I missed the boys so much. I missed my flat. I missed everything. But it was too late now. This is my new home.

We carried all the bags to my new room and I was greeted by Anna and Victoria, my step-sisters. Rachel made the girls stay out of my room until I was settled in, which was nice.I put all my clothes away and looked at my phone, eighteen missed calls. I looked and they were all from Zayn saying he was sorry or whatever, but I've heard enough of that from him. I texted Alex and Liam. I missed both of them, though Alex was two miles away. I could go live with my mum and be two minutes, but this was a change. A good change...kind of. I laid down on the bed and turned on Take Me Home.