Chapter 14

"You can take a seat over there and we will be right with you" The waitress guides Louis, Raina, and I over to a booth. Raina and I sit next to each other with Louis across from her.

Louis said he was going to take us somewhere nice and he took us to a the-side-of-the-road redneck looking place, so Raina and I look like idiots with dresses on. He said he wanted it to be a surprise where he was taking us. There are old guns hanging up on the wall with old beer bottles next to it. Raina's face when we pulled up to this restaurant was priceless though. It looked like she was going to push Louis out the car then drive away... That's how disgusted she was and Louis didn't even realize it.

We all order water and Chips n' Dip for an appetizer.

"So, do you girls know what you want?" Louis asks us but looking at Raina. I guess he really likes her because he always looks at her.

"No, I've never been here before so I have to look" Raina says trying to imply Why would I ever come to this shit-hole?

"This place is really good; don't let the deer head fool you." Louis smiles and points at the wall. There's a fucking deer head on the wall right next to us.

Raina looks away quickly after seeing it and scrunches her face, "I think it has."

"Oh no trust me, the food is amazing, you'll see. Raina I see you getting like the Smokin' Pig Bugily Burger" He smiles.

Raina and I look at each other in disgust.

"I see myself eating like something like spaghetti..." She says.

The waitress comes back with our appetizer and drinks.

"Are you ready to order?" She has a missing tooth in the front and the ones around it are also missing. Why would Louis even think about going here? I notice her shirt is too small and her fat roll is popping out. Without realizing it I was giving her a mean look.

"Lili...? What do you want?" Raina says impatiently.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I'll have the... um..." I didn't really figure out what I was having and the only thing that I know they have is what Louis said. "The Smokin' Pig Bugily Burger" I'm not prepared for this burger. I have a gross feeling it's going to taste like shit.

She walks away.

"There you go Lili! Trust me this is the best burger you'll ever have. It's better than McDonalds." He says while scooping a chip in dip and putting it in his mouth.

"So, Lili, are you going to the party tonight?" He is surprisingly looking at me. I've never made eye contact with him before.

"Yeah" I nod.

"That's great! I remember when I first met you... I didn't like you. Now I do. You're a cool but innocent girl"

I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult so I don't say anything back and just look away.

Raina and Louis are just talking now, which I knew would happen. Hopefully this place makes food fast so we can get out of here. It even smells like cigarettes in here. I haven't seen anyone smoking so I can't imagine why.

It's only been 10 minutes since we ordered and our food is already out.

My platter looks like someone threw each ingredient on the plate... not placed it. The French fries surround the greasy burger in the middle of the plate. Raina's spaghetti has sauce over spilling, almost dripping onto her dress.

"Enjoy your meal!" The waitress walks away. Louis food doesn't look bad. He got the same thing as me.

"Seriously Louis!" Raina exclaims. "I'm sorry but can we just go?"