Chapter 55

Jade was enjoying a cupcake in Sairah's room that night. She had just told her girlfriend that she was going to leave soon as it was getting late but in an effort to keep her a bit longer, Sairah offered her a snack. She does this a lot actually. Jade wondered if Sairah realized that she caught onto all of her little tricks to keep her around. Did Sairah even know that she was doing them?

"So I think that most of them might end up doing story boarding but like . . . if everybody's working on the stories then who's gonna be doing the actual techy stuff you know?" Sairah's legs were crossed as she sat on the floor in front of Jade. She had started off talking about her and Jade's game but their conversation had drifted into the company that they were arranging and how their first training workshop had gone yesterday.

Jade licked off some frosting from the top of her cake. "I think that you just need to be patient with them. For now it doesn't look as if anyone would be good at the more complicated aspects of game design but the more we train them will mean the better they'll get at it. Yeah they suck now but it won't be like that forever." She checked her watch and was a bit concerned. It was almost nine o' clock. She did not like leaving her mother with the nurse for too long. The woman never voiced it but Jade was sure that she preferred spending time with her over other people.

Sairah sighed then sat back. "Yeah you're right." She scratched her head. "How did you learn how to do the drawings and designs so fast then? I swear on your first day of animation that you were already a boss. What's up with that?"

Jade felt complimented and it showed itself as redness at her cheeks. "I already had a background in drawing so that helped."

"Oh yeah . . . but that Jin guy said he could draw but he can't. He draws like a two year old. Not that I've seen what two year olds' drawings look like." Sairah stroked her chin in thought.

Jade smiled after chewing on her cake. Marcy was really good at baking. She left to pick up Leigh a while ago. Jade did not want to be here when Leigh came home. Not that I can't stand the sight of her but I just know how she is. She didn't want Leigh-Anne to run away from discomfort if she caught glimpse of her in Sairah's room. Just like I wonder what goes on in Sairah's brain, I wonder the same for Leigh-Anne. There was something off about the two of them and it wasn't just because they had trauma . . . I have trauma but . . . She supposed that different people handled such things differently. How was she handling it? By throwing meself into loving relationships? That was okay right?

"Guess I'll have to give everyone some drawing lessons as well." Jade climbed to her feet.

"Didn't even think of that. Good idea Jade." Sairah stood too. "Man it always blows my mind how good you are at coming up with ideas. Your brain must be like . . . like a gold mine or something."

Jade smiled tightly. "Thank you."

Sairah saw that she wasn't completely finished with her cupcake. "Not gonna eat the rest?"

"Don't really have room for it for some reason. Whenever you get permission to snack at home you always share with me so I end up being filled to the brim." Jade patted her stomach. "I think you're gonna make me fat."

"Ha." Sairah took the rest and chucked it in her mouth. "You need the extra meat on your little bones Jade. You should look a little more like me at this age. Yeah. I'm pretty bulky at this point in time and it's cause I eat a ton." She threw the wrapping in her bin then started walking to the door.

"Bulky or chunky?" Jade teased as they both stepped out.

Sairah raised an eyebrow at her. "Chunky? Like fat?"