Chapter 40

So the next day, Leigh-Anne came over to Perrie's house at two p.m. as scheduled. She had watched Finding Nemo with Sairah earlier and her sister 'didn't get it' until Leigh and Rachel had explained how it was similar to their lives and Sairah got it. Now Sairah was asking if there were any Marvin plushies. Rachel says there's a sequel about Dory. This franchise was crazy!

Leigh-Anne knocked on Perrie's door with her 'Perrie Revival Project' T-shirt on and an extra T-shirt in her backpack for Perrie. Her shirt was tucked into her shorts and she wore white sneakers on her feet. The T-shirt was white too. It's my colour.

The door was opened by a confused looking Denise Edwards. "Oh . . . Leigh-Anne darling. Y-you're here."

"Hi Mrs. Edwards. Long time no see." Leigh-Anne waved. "I messaged Perrie to tell her I would be over in a minu-"

"Here I am!" Perrie zoomed past her mother and met Leigh at the door. "Ooo I love the style you chose for the font! Who printed it on such short notice?" She was talking about Leigh's T-shirt of course.

Leigh did a little pose. "Marcy knew a guy and he works fast." She brought her backpack to her front. "Here's yours Perrie. I hope you like it."

Mrs. Edwards was watching this with an open mouth. Her and her husband had gone to bed with thoughts of their daughter's wellbeing plaguing their minds. She had barely slept because she was so worried about the girl and her sudden drop in mental wellbeing but this morning they had found the very same girl that they nearly spent the whole night worrying about, happily cooking in their kitchen with instructions from a video on YouTube. It was the strangest thing. Perrie had seemed like her normal self. The same girl who had been lying in bed for days was up and about, cooking. Once Perrie had seen them she had instructed them to sit while she continued to make them something delicious. And delicious it was. Though she and the girl's father had been shocked, they had managed to ask her what suddenly changed her attitude and behaviour and Perrie had said that Leigh-Anne visited the night before and gave her instructions on what to do to not be depressed anymore.

This shocked Denise because Perrie had sounded very serious about not wanting to see Leigh-Anne ever again when she was at the hospital. So why had she been so happy about Leigh-Anne somehow breaking into her room at night time?

The therapist had come in a little after breakfast and Perrie had actually talked to him. The guy had left her room seeming very confused. He had not even said a word to Denise and her husband because he just appeared to need to spend time alone to reflect on what had happened with Perrie overnight.

She had been very worried that Perrie scared the man away so she'd asked her daughter what she had told him and Perrie had gladly said that she expressed to him that she was willing to work on herself so she could be better since being depressed and empty as an individual meant that she could not date Leigh-Anne. That seemed to be a great motivator. And then she was watching dog videos on her phone and then Leigh-Anne came. She watched as the two girls behaved like best friends as they usually did.

Perrie was now wearing her own Perre revival project T-shirt. "Yay. Now we match."

"Twinsies!" Leigh said.

"Couple goals!" Perrie spoke at the same time as Leigh. "I mean twinsies!"

"Right. No relationship talk." Leigh held a finger up to Perrie then turned to the girl's mother. "Anyway, we're leaving now. Um . . . I'm excited for everything we have planned for D's Angels in July. It's gonna be a lot of work but I'm sure it'll be fun since everyone's so nice."

"Yeah. D's Angels. Yeah." Perrie was staring at Leigh-Anne.

"Mmmhmm. I look forward to everything we have planned as well." Denise smiled at Leigh-Anne. Was it a good idea to let Perrie run around with her? "Where exactly are you girls going?"