Chapter 18

After Leigh had returned from her walk, they had all watched a movie together while eating pizza. Jesy's step-dad had had to accompany Leigh on this walk since it was night outside.

After eating and entertaining themselves, they had tried a different activity which was to give one of the girls a makeover. Perrie had ended up being the one to get her makeup done by Jesy and Jade while Leigh recorded them. Leigh had not been feeling much in the sleepover spirit but she had tried her best to keep up appearances since everyone else seemed to be having so much fun.

It was nearing midnight now and Perrie was removing all the makeup from her face in Jesy's bathroom. "I'm happy Jade was involved 'cause I'm pretty sure she's the only one out of all of you who knows how to handle a brush and eyeliner. Jesy you were just fooling around weren't you?" Perrie said as she used makeup remover wipes to get everything off.

"I was living my best life." Jesy lay on her back while recording cute videos of herself for TikTok. She had popular sounds playing which she tried to mouth for the app. Who needs Instagram?

"And in the process making Perrie live her worst." Jade said while texting Sairah. She was sitting on the air mattress that she and Leigh would be sharing.

Leigh-Anne was lying next to Jade. Her eyes were closing down and she couldn't help it at all.

Jade looked at her and smiled to herself. "Ready for bed Leigh?" She asked softly.

Leigh-Anne opened her eyes to slits but didn't answer.

"She's sleeping already?" Jesy crawled to the edge of her bed to look. She laughed. "What time do you usually go to bed? You said Marcy's got you lot coming home at eight or nine for the latest. Did she give you a bed time too?"

"Jesy why do you sound like you're ridiculing her?" Jade asked. Something Sairah had sent made her smile so she wrote back a message to add on to the joke. Sairah most likely won't get it but at least I will.

Jesy felt attacked. "I'm not. I've been on my best behaviour all night." She reached downward and stroked Leigh's face. "Haven't I been kind and caring all night?" She asked in a sweet voice.

Leigh opened her eyes wider and pushed Jesy's hand away before closing them again with a frown.

Jesy pulled back in stun.

Jade laughed. "Serves you right. She's not in the mood."

Jesy rubbed where Leigh had pushed her. That kind of hurt. "I've gotta catch this on video."

"She doesn't like that either, Jesy." Jade said absently while smiling at something strange Sairah had said.

Jesy started recording anyway. She reached to touch Leigh's face again and the girl slapped her so hard it echoed.

Jade startled and watched as Jesy flashed her hand. "Jesy what did I say?" She whispered.

Jesy was in pain. "How . . . is she so strong?" She had tears in her eyes as she used her phone to record the affected area. "Guys she hit me so hard it's red. It's swelling up. Do not mess with Leigh-Anne when she's grumpy. Paaaain!"

"Someone's in pain and I'm missing it?" Perrie's head popped out of the bathroom door. Half her face was clean while the other half still had on makeup.

Jesy pointed at Leigh. "She hit me and it hurts like a bitch! Perrie I think it's gonna swell up."

"You did something to make her mad didn't you?" Perrie shook her head while continuing to wipe.

"I was trying to soothe her so she sleeps well." Jesy said in a whimper.

Perrie tsked. "Learn your boundaries mate. Bound-a-ries."