Chapter 38: Where's Lisa?

I R E N E

It's past 8 already when I got done with everything that I need to do.

Rosé stopped the car as we arrived at the mansion while I still have my eyes closed, trying to rest as much as possible.

"Unnie, you okay?" She asked as she turned to face me. "The lake house is way too far from here, why don't you just move there with Lisa so you don't have to travel this far whenever you want to visit them?" She asked worriedly.

Without opening my eyes, I reached up to pat her head.

"On the right time, Rosé. I don't want to surprise her." I said as I sat up straight and look at her. "I'll go now, Lisa's probably waiting for me."

I hopped out of the car and walk towards the pool area.

Lisa probably just cooked some instant noodles or she haven't eaten yet.

Sigh. I'm getting busier, I feel bad for her. But this is just for a small span of time, once I'm done with everything, I'll focus on her already. Just give me time, Lisa.

I twisted the knob of her door and immediately froze when it's not locked.

I opened it and walk inside, calling her name.

"Lisa? Lisa!"

I told her to always lock her door because there's a lot of snakes in this mansion. Maybe I should reconsider what Rosé told me about moving out with Lisa.

I open the bathroom and didn't saw any trace of Lisa. My heart immediately pounded as I went back on her bed. Just where would she go at this hour? That chic, really.

I got my phone and dialed her number.

But what makes my blood boil more is that her phone rang on the bed.

I ended the call and grabbed her phone, opening it only to see her inbox with an unknown number. I opened it and what I saw makes my hands to shake.

No.

No!

Who the hell would send her this?!

I rushed outside, dialing Seulgi's number and she immediately answered it on the first ring.

"Unnie why—"

"I'll send you a number. Ask someone to trace who owns that and what's their location. I want it asap, Seulgi." After that, I immediately ended the call and went inside the mansion.

"Unnie? Why are you shouting?" Rosé asked me as she went downstairs and saw me rushing inside.

"Someone sent Lisa a picture, Rosé. And she's nowhere to be found!"

She went in front of me, noticing that I'm panicking. "Calm down, unnie. What picture are you talking about?" She asked so I showed her Lisa's phone.

She gasped when she saw the picture.

"I need to explain it to her, Rosé. We need to find her."

"Why would you waste time finding her?" Janghoon asked as he walk towards us. "If she loves you, she will stay and try to understand you. She left, Irene. She left without hearing you out. You have a lot of things to do other than finding some ungrateful brat."

My blood immediately boiled as I stride towards him, grabbing the vase near me and throwing it towards his direction. If he hadn't moved away, he would have broken his head now.

"Is it you?!" I asked, balling my hands into fist. "Is it you who sent her the picture?! You don't like her anyway, so it's not possible for you to break us apart!"