Chapter 19: Meet Jisoo and Joy

*knock knock*

Lisa stop folding her clothes to open the door and saw Rosé.

"Hey Lis, can I come in?"

"Yeah, why not?" Lisa said as she step aside to let Rosé walk in before closing the door again.

Rosé slumps herself on the bed that has scattered clothes.

"Yah! You're ruining the folded clothes!" Lisa scolded her and sit down at the end of the bed to continue her work.

"It's already late, you should do that tomorrow instead." Rosé said and started helping Lisa.

"You know I don't have time," Lisa said with a sigh.

Rosé look at her with pity and was about to say something when they heard footsteps coming towards them.

"Rosé, why are you here?" Irene asked when she saw the blonde. "It's already late,"

Rosé isn't surprised to see Irene in Lisa's room anymore because the older was staying there for almost everyday. She don't know what's their relationship but she didn't dare question Irene. She knew better than to do that.

"I just want to talk to Lisa for a while, we barely see each other because of her schedule." Rosé said as she continue folding clothes.

Irene removes her coat and places it on the rack. "Lisa, I told you I will do that."

"It's fine, besides, they're my clothes." Lisa said nonchalantly.

"But you're tired, I'm basically living here so that's the least that I can do,"

Lisa sigh and look at Irene. "I'm the one who's living in your property, making the owner fold my clothes is way too weird, don't you think?"

Rosé chuckled.

"But you aren't just anyone," Irene whined.

The blonde who's just watching them is shocked to see this side of her unnie. She's used to her being silent and cold so it's really new for her to see Irene like this.

Lisa didn't answer anymore, there's no point arguing with Irene Bae. She's the most persistent woman she ever met.

Irene sigh and just go to the kitchen to start cooking while Rosé continues to talk to Lisa.

Irene's thinking of a way to get Lisa to resign from her work. The latter's schedule is so tight that she barely gets proper rest.

Rosé helps Lisa put the clothes in the closet and bid her goodbye to them. The Thai then started putting her notes on the table to do her homework while waiting for the food.

"Lisa," Irene sit down in front of her. "Can you quit your job at the convenience store?"

It makes Lisa look up at her. "You know I can't. I need that job."

"I'll offer you a new one." Irene said pleadingly.

"I can't accept that Joohyun, you're already the one who's providing me food and you're also cooking for me. You're picking me up from work and sometimes cleaning here. That's just... Too much." Lisa said with a sigh and continued answering her homework.

"I did those with my own will, you didn't ask me to do that, Lisa, and I'm not asking you for anything in return either."

"I don't want to take advantage of your kindness. No, I won't accept that." Lisa stubbornly said without looking at her.

"You're not taking advantage of me, for heaven's sake, I'm the one taking advantage of you." Irene said with an eyeroll.

Lisa bite her lower lip as she felt her face heating up. She doesn't really like it when they're talking about 'that'. She gets easily embarrassed.