Chapter 16: Almost dead (BJ•JK)

"Are you sure you don't want to stay for breakfast, unnie?" Joy asked Irene because they're already on the table and the food is already prepared in front of them.

"Yeah, I have something important to do." Irene said as she grabs her purse and wear her coat because it's still early and the wind outside is cold.

"I'll walk you out," Jisoo said since she's the owner of the house.

When they're already in the garage and Irene is already inside her car, Jisoo peeks through the window.

"Whatever it is that you and Jennie have, I hope you'll solve it soon, we don't want a fight on our circle, right?" Jisoo said worriedly.

Irene started the engine. "She should clean her head, it's maybe rusty, I don't want to come to the point where I'll think of dropping her in order to make her understand who I am in her life. I don't hurt what's mine, you know that." She said without looking at Jisoo before driving away.

Jisoo look at her car then sigh. She doesn't want her friends to fight and do something that they might regret. They have been into many ups and downs in life and she doesn't want to ruin that just because of some misunderstanding.

"I should convince Jennie to just listen to Irene," she mumbled before walking back inside.

///

I R E N E

I'm in a bad mood. My grip on the steering wheel was tight and I know for sure that I'm shaking in anger. If someone annoys me, I might not keep my hands to myself and hurt 'em.

I need to see Lisa, she's the only one I know who can calm me down.

Hopping outside my car after parking it, I immediately walk to the side of the house where it could lead me backyard where her room is located just near the pool beside the cleaning materials storage room.

But I stop in my tracks when I saw dad walking back inside the manor from the pool area. He's not the type to have fresh air in the backyard and he really doesn't like the pool area, he'd rather spend his time in his office than anywhere in the house so it's kind of suspicious for me to see him coming from the backyard.

Feeling my heartbeat rising, I immediately walk inside Lisa's room, and there I saw Rosé drinking a glass of water from the fridge.

"Unnie, good morning, do you need something?" She asked as she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as to why I'm in Lisa's room early in the morning.

"Where's Lisa?" I asked, not minding if she's weirded out.

"She left me a message that she's already off to work, why?"

Right. Lisa has work today at the café.

I shake my head. "Nothing," I said and was about to walk out when I face her again. "You don't have any romantic feelings for Lisa, right?"

She looks at me like I'm the dumbest person she ever met.

"Right." I said and walk outside to go to my room and take a bath.

I also check my cellphone and saw that Lisa left a message telling me that she's already going to work but she didn't text me again if she's already at the café or at the bus. I clearly told her to update me about those information and she seems to understand them these past few weeks so why didn't she text me today?

To: Baby 💕

Are you at the café now?

I hit the send button before walking inside the bathroom to start cleaning myself since I know I kind of reek of alcohol.