Chapter 23: Puzzle pieces

The nurses and patients are shocked and confused when a bunch of people wearing formal and expensive clothes came rushing inside the hospital.

"This way ma'am," a man in a suit said, guiding them to the private elevator and pushing the button. "Top floor, left, the last room." He said before bowing as the elevator closes.

They were silent but they know that Irene's mind is chaotic so they didn't dare push her limits.

*Ding!*

Irene walks out of the elevator and makes her way to the left, she was so silent and serious that you can even feel the dark aura she's emitting.

When she reached the last room, she didn't think twice to open it and walk inside while the others decided to stay outside and give her time.

Her whole demeanor changed the moment she saw Lisa who's lying on the hospital bed. Her face and arms are full of bruises and who knows where else she has them.

Irene felt like crying.

She walks towards the Thai and reaches up for her face with a shaky hand.

"Who did this to you?" She whispered weakly. Her eyes were soft and sad while looking at Lisa.

Outside the room~

Rosé keeps on pacing back and forth while biting her nails. She's so worried and she wants to see Lisa to check what's her condition, but Irene's people advise her not to.

"Rosé calm down, you're gonna see her later, let's just give Irene some privacy." Jisoo said, guiding Rosé to sit down.

"Did Irene unnie announce that Lisa's hers?" Yeri asked which make them look at her.

"Why?" Seulgi asked.

"Because Lisa is admitted to the top floor, private room."

All of them got it in realization. Yeri is right.

"As far as I can remember, no, she's not announcing anything so I'm sure that no one knows about Lisa." Seulgi said.

On the other hand, Wendy was silent as well as Joy, but not because of the same reason.

Joy was irritated while Wendy was mad and worried about Joy's position. Her title as a part of Irene's household is in danger.

"Why is Irene's family in here?"

They snap their heads to the woman who's walking in their direction while looking at them confusedly.

"Miss Bae." They all stood up to bow their heads at her.

"No need to be formal now, Irene's family is my family too." Suzy said, smiling at them. "Now, may I know why are you guys here?"

They all look at each other, hesitating whether to tell her that Irene's interest is admitted there or not.

"An important person is inside this room, how about you? Why are you here?" Irene suddenly walks out of the room, answering Suzy's question.

"Important person?" Suzy asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "Oh! You know the person that I took here?"

"You're the one who took Lisa here?" Irene asked.

"So her name's Lisa." Suzy said, nodding her head. "Yes, I saw her in a dark alley getting beaten up by a group of men."

Irene's ears perked up at that as she look up at Suzy. "Did you recognize them?"

"Actually, you know him. He's a former member of your household, Irene."