Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Seeing Seb in flesh, in front of me made my jaw drop.

"S-Seb—" he squeezed my hand and winked, signaling me not to talk so I didn't. I shut my mouth and looked around, moving closer to him.

"How did you sneak here?" I whispered.

"I know you just won't leave me after that mini reunion in Bikini Bottom, Gabriela," he whispered back and slowly backed down as if in the action of curtsying.

"I'd accompany you back to your room, your majesty," he mumbled and confused of his action, I looked around and saw Catherine beside me.

Oh, I got it.

"Grazie," I mumbled, "thank you for the kindness, unlike someone who spilled allegedly accidentally to the queen-to-be without even her apologies. What a shame."

I saw how her face darkened, she was about to say something when I put my palm on Seb and walked with him away from the hall.

The guards are eyeing me. I was scared they're gonna follow us and take Seb away but when I saw Seb nodded at some of them, I was completely lost.

"Pabantay ako ng pintuan," he said in a low voice.

He's talking to a Filipino?

I stared at the guard's hidden faces more, gasping for air when I saw familiar faces.

"Mga tang ina!" I exclaimed loudly.

The boys jumped. I saw Ian's eyes widened when he realized they've been exposed. Then, I counted. Owen and Romeo's even here in their royal guard uniforms! What?

"Gab—"

"Ingay talaga ng bibig nitong sirenang 'to," Seb held me more. "Best actress ka dapat, kunwari 'di mo sila kilala. Mabubuko acting natin nito, 'te."

"O-Oh, sorry po." I mumbled and covered my mouth.

"Hello, Gab," Owen smiled at me. "Sige na, maglandian na muna kayong dalawa ni basher, kami na bahala rito. Moody kasi si kamahalan no'ng wala ka—"

"Tang ina mo, Owen," Seb hissed. The latter frowned.

"Gwapo raw you." I translated it for him and smiled cutely.

"Salamat, kamahalan," Owen even joked a curtsy, making me smile widely.

I missed them so much. I wanted to hug them all to greet but I am aware there are eyes watching.

The boys went with us. I didn't know what they did to the other guards but I didn't mind. Right now, I felt safe.

Seb isn't saying anything. I realized he's been wearing a waiter's uniform, that white long sleeve and black bowtie and slacks with those black apron wrapped on his waist with large pockets.

I looked around, slightly nervous. Seb must've felt the tension for he gripped my palm tighter and hid our intertwined palms on his pocket.

I glanced at him. He didn't look at me and remained staring in front of us with his alerted and cold face.

He looked enraged but the way he held my palm and caressed it with his thumb, it says otherwise.

We reached the door of my room and when Seb opened it, he glanced at the boys.

"Pasuyo na lang ako, salamat." He mumbled.

"No worries, your majesty," and to my shock, the three boys curtsied and of course, the calmness on Seb's face faded and was replaced by his infamous frown.