Prologue

Let's welcome the royal basher! He's back for another ROYAL bardagulan in Brooklyn!

--

Prologue

The crown placed in your head is not a sign of royalty, instead, it is a promise of loyalty to the people you are promised with.

"Am I really suited to be a Queen?" I asked myself, staring intently at the shining royal crown inside the glass chamber.

"Why not, your royal highness?" a voice answered me from the back and a gentle smile curved on my lips when I saw her.

"Hello, Nana! I kept on telling you to just call me Gab again." I said and she smiled, gently sitting beside me and took my hand.

"Of course, I'm just trying to practice since you'll be a queen soon." She uttered.

"I'm still not a queen, tho. Just call me, Gab, Nana. It's weird hearing people calling me that way."

"Why?" her voice filled with confusion. "You're already a princess of House of Savoy, Gabriela. What's new?"

"Well..." I glanced at my fingers, "back when I was a princess, I wasn't really a big deal. What I mean is, of course, people respect me but it's new now since I'm about to become a queen."

"Are you pressured?" she asked.

"Well, Nana, you know I couldn't lie to you. It's you and Cathalina who knows me so I'm gonna tell you the truth, okay?" I asked, with my wide blue eyes, I stared at her and saw her nod.

"What is it? It's okay, Gab. Tell me." She smiled in a motherly way.

"Well, I really don't expect to be a queen. I am fine with being a royalty, a princess my whole life but now? I don't know. I have nothing against Cathalina, I am wishing nothing but happiness for her, it's just that-I'm scared, Nana. What if I'd fail Italy?"

"Oh, don't think that way. You are a good woman, Gab. I knew you'll be a great leader. I believed in you, Cathalina too. You know how much the people of Italy loves you, right?"

"Really?" my eyes almost twinkled while hearing her.

"Of course, you still weren't the queen, your crowning's still not announced yet you are aware how much people wanted you. You are kind, beautiful and of course, has a good heart." She smiled, slowly stroking my hair. "It's not because I was there while you and her are growing up but if I'd get to choose who I wanted to rule the country, it's either Cathalina or you."

Somehow, what Nana told me made me happy. I went to my room, sitting on the balcony, cross-legs and started writing on my diary.

Dear diary,

Nana Corazon said I'll be a good leader of Italy. It made me happy, diary but still, I want to experience life. I want to try and be a mermaid, you know? I was actually looking forward to it if I reached twenty-six but right now, I don't think I would :((((

Love,

Gorgeous Gab ❤️

I suddenly felt sad, my mother finally allowed me to take a quick vacation last year but she took it back when Cathalina, my cousin and the original Queen-to-be of Italy backed out from the crown. She said she wanted to live a normal life and she found the right man for her, she's married and they already have a baby.

Oh...she found her soulmate.

I suddenly remembered what she kept on saying when she's teaching me Tagalog the past years while she's here in the palace.

What is it?

Oh...it's sana all! Sana everyone na-found na ang prince charming! I'm super inggit!

"Gab? Gab?" I closed my diary, glancing at my room's door and I stood.