Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I think I would faint! Oh, God!

I was feeling a bit weird, that feeling when you're about to lose you consciousness but before I could, Lucian did.

G screamed. I saw how she got Magnus from Lucian's arms when he fell.

I stood from my seat and was about to go their way to help but before I could take a step forward, Sebastian left and walked towards Lucian.

"G-Gabriela..." my mother pulled me back on my seat, "sit down!"

"B-But mother..." I glanced at their way but she pulled me more to take me back to my seat.

"I said, sit!" she hissed in a whisper, "people are watching! You just can't leave these people in line. Be responsible even for today!"

My throat dried up. I saw the medic and guards helping Lucian on the ground and even the king and queen of Spain excused themselves to go closer.

"What's the matter, son?" the king asked and Seb just glanced his way and whispered something.

The ball resumed like nothing happened that quick. A minister from a nearby rich country greeted me with gifts and I showed him a practiced smile, my attention not leaving my cousin and Seb.

They're on the seat now. Lucian's resting his back on the chair with G fanning his face, I saw the medics came to check on them but I think they said something that they left after checking things up.

Sebastian took Magnus on his arms. Magnus looked really familiar and close to his uncle that he rested his face on his shoulder while facing my way.

Our eyes met. Magnus' eyes glistened as he gave me a cute smile and I offered him one back. I waved my hand a little. He smiled. I saw a bit of his teeth as he waved at me enthusiastically.

Seb moved. He shifted his gaze when he felt Magnus moving and that's when our eyes locked.

My heart thumped loudly this time. That feeling when you'll about to lose your breath and faint came back. Hesitantly, I gave him a small smile but he just looked at me with no reaction at all.

Stiff and cold. His eyes bore like I was nothing as he averted his eyes away. Like I was a stranger.

My eyes stung. I watched my fingers instead to calm my nerves but my mother pinched me from the side.

"Quit looking at the man and entertain your guests, Gabriela!" she whispered.

I nodded. I tried entertaining the guests again but from time to time, my eyes would go back to where they are seated. Lucian is awake now and immediately smacked his nape but when he saw the king and queen, he stiffened and bowed immediately to apologize.

They're laughing. I can hear the happiness from where they are and I might not hear the things they're talking about, but I can sense the happiness it possesses.

Magnus remained on Seb's arms while feeding him with foods. G and Duke Castanier talked to the king and queen.

Seb and baby Magnus looked cute. It's adorable watching them. The little prince on his arms while the mean prince looking so gentle while cradling him.

Seb's gonna be a great father but... I hope it's like that, too. For us.

"You've been sighing nonstop, your highness," my eyes landed to Duke Anton when he whispered.

"Your excellency," I called his attention. "A-About Sebastian—" his forehead creased. "I-I mean his highness, how..."

"The prince?" he asked and I nodded, glancing at their way. "You knew him, my lady?"