Chapter 17

Chapter 17

My eyes almost jumped out of my socket. I moved a bit on his lap, trying to get off but ended up locking eyes with him.

His liquid black eyes are intense while locking gazes with me but I've noticed how tensed he is. I shifted on my seat, his jaw clenched and stiffened.

I moistened my lower lip. His face flustered.

"Your highness!" Anton's voice made me come back from being lost in the depths of his gaze.

I jumped up, panicked and held Anton's hand.

"My apologies..." from Anton, my eyes then went to where Romeo was, bowing a little for his apologies with a faint smile written on his lips.

"R-Romeo..." I called, gasping.

"Your highness," Romeo then greeted back playfully.

I opened my mouth to speak and greet him but he nodded at me briefly, simply walked towards Seb and secretly smacked his nape.

"Tang ina ka," Seb hissed in shock, shifting his annoyed gaze at the laughing Romeo from behind.

"Naks naman, quiet ka, ah? Good boy ka? Prinsipe yern?" Romeo teased and when I saw how Seb's forehead creased more, opened his mouth to fight back when we heard a voice.

"What's the matter, son?" King Felipe suddenly asked that Romeo stiffened. His smile faded as he nervously scratched his nape.

Anton helped me sit and I can't help but secretly watch Seb and Romeo bickering.

"Yari ka sa tatay ko," he smirked and like a spoiled prince opened his mouth with a grin, "Pa, si Romeo save me kasi—"

"N-Nothing, your highness," the panicking Romeo answered instead, bowed his head a little for the king and secretly bumped the smirking Sebastian's chair, nodded at me before leaving.

"Ogag," Seb laughed a little. "Akala n'yo, ah, wala nang mang-aapi sa 'kin sa barkong 'to. Mga gago, kailangan pa pala maging prinsipe!"

I pursed my lips, remembering how Seb whined before because they're always making fun of him. He's alila raw, he said before.

I chuckled.

He glanced my way, my smile froze.

"Tinatawa mo d'yan?" he asked, lifting his brow seriously.

Embarrassed of being caught, I bit my lower lip and shook my head, blushing.

"Why? Is it bad ba mag-laugh-laugh?" I asked lowly and he just shrugged and glanced at his plate.

"Conyo pa rin ang gaga," he whispered but I heard it!

I bit my inner cheek, my heart pounded harshly on my chest and to control such waves of emotion came rushing so suddenly, I reached for the glass of water but before I did, Anton held it.

Our hands touched. We gazed at each other, both startled. We chuckled.

"My apologies, my lady," he smiled.

"No, no, it's alright..." I chuckled, he helped me reach for the glass of water.

I moved it closer to my lips to try and take a sip but stopped when I felt a sharp gaze from the side.

It made me curious. I tilted my head the same time Seb averted his gaze and reached for his glass.

"Ang tabang ng tubig!" he hissed under his breath.

I pursed my lips and tried to take a sip on my water. It has no taste because obviously... that's what water is.

Sebastian is crazy talaga...