Chapter 18

Sorry for the UD, guys! HAHAHA! Mermaid naman si Gab-Gab kaya kaya niya mag-miming ng matagal. Strong girl 'yan!

Anyway, A Royal Visit in Brooklyn can be a stand-alone book as I've said before but I think it's better na you know the tale of Lost Island (nakwento na rin naman sa book na 'to) para hindi weird basahin kasi mage-gets n'yo bakit gano'n hahaha basta! Enjoy!

--

Chapter 18

The sound of laughters, a sweet song humming around as the cold wind danced in the air, making my red hair dance with it.

I couldn't see myself but my eyes could see how the vast ocean's waves crash in each other together with the hymns hummed. It was as if they move so hastily yet gentle, wild yet so sweet it was music in my ears.

"You followed that ship again, Isabelle?" I couldn't see who was it but the voice is sweet and gentle.

Isabelle?

I looked around, trying to look for the voice but I couldn't see anyone. Instead, I heard the water splashing wildly and when I turned to see it, what I saw last was astonishing.

A tail.

A tail?!

My heart pounded harshly, I was about to stand up to try and swim to look for it but I didn't successfully make it because I fell back on the stone and that's because I have a... tail?!

Oh my god, I am a sirena?!

Before I could process anything, the scene shifted into me submerged in the ocean and sneaking. I was near a ship, lurking and watching the people in an old looking pair of long sleeve shirt and pants having fun inside that very ship.

I saw familiar faces, making everything a lot weirder. I wanted to speak to voice out my thoughts or climb up the ship to ask them what is happening but it was as if my body inside the scene has a mind of its own.

It was fighting with my inner thoughts and acting like I was a different version of myself. It was fighting inside my head. My thoughts getting set aside with hers.

What is happening? Is this a dream?

They are drinking, happily dancing with the pirate crew singing with their instruments. From the distance, I could see above the ship how the pirate king danced with the beautiful princess.

Love... I might not know how to explain that feeling, I know for a fact I felt it already.

That's what I've seen with them.

The way their eyes shone was fascinating, it made my heart feel warm. I just can't help but hope, too. I hope someday, I would get a love like that. I am hoping someday, this magical feelings inside my heart will be reciprocated.

Then suddenly, the couple stopped giggling and dancing. I realized a man went closer to them with a beer on his hand.

Weirdly, I felt the loud thump inside my chest.

"You two are disgusting. You've been smiling like freaks for half an hour now, it's making my hair rise." The man pointed out.

The pirate and the princess laughed, they said something back to him I didn't hear enough that the man with his full back against me hissed.

The two laughed even harder. I saw the man they're talking to drink and lifted his hand.

"Do not show your face to me, I'm having chills!" he exclaimed.