Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Baby Magnus is a healthy and a very handsome—very tang ina baby boy.

Everyone was happy for him, Lucian and my cousin. It was unexpected. We were expecting G to give birth by next week but baby Magnus went out earlier. He was born here in Brooklyn instead.

Maybe because he wanted to see the gorgeous Tita Gab kaya?

We celebrated. We stayed in the hospital until G got the clearance while Lucian's been working on their documents. I took care of G while she's in the hospital while the boys are going back and forth, bringing her foods, fruits, flowers.

Baby Magnus is a chubby little boy and even if he's still so young, I can definitely say he's got a blood of a royalty.

"Aww...look at him, oh." G mumbled and when I looked at them, a smile left my lips.

Baby Magnus was gripping her finger tightly and we heard him cooed, we ended up gasping.

"Oh my gosh, G!" I blurted. "He's sooo cute!"

"H-He's adorable," she mumbled, her eyes now glistening with unshed tears. "M-My baby is super gwapo, I'm so masaya. My heart's..."

I sat on the side of the bed. My heart swelled when G cried while I held her closer for a hug.

"But I'm scared, Gab-Gab," she whispered. "What if I won't do good? What if..."

"I'm happy for you, G." I whispered, smiling. "No one's perfect from the start. I know you're gonna be a great mom."

Ever since that day, G became very busy to take care of her son. Even Lucian was hands-on, they're totally inseparable. I wanted to ask for an advice about what's happening to me but I feel bad. I don't wanna spoil their happiness. Magnus just got in the world, I'm sure his parents would love to be there for him everytime.

Sana all.

I wonder if my parents are like that too when I was given birth.

All these days, my mother's call kept on bothering me. She reached out again a few times but I refused to answer it again after telling her to give me more time to relax.

I haven't got her permission to stay here any further but I don't even wanna think of leaving. I wanted to stay. I wanted to be happy! I wanna be with Seb.

I bit my lip, staring at him while he's resting on my lap. We just got a whole day scrolling around Brooklyn when the ship docked for G and baby Magnus. We roamed around the boroughs of the city and while walking, I can see a lot of family and couples having fun.

Free. Happy.

I know G has been secretly reaching out to the palace, explaining why I got to stay here longer right now but because she got busy with baby Magnus, I don't want to disturb her. She already had a lot on her plate, I don't want to add mine.

My cousin loves me, I can feel it. She kept on telling me before it's okay to stay here longer but I found out when my mother called. She's been asking the palace to let me relax for the meantime. They just can't say no to her because she's the first heiress to the crown but deep inside, I know mother was livid.

I stared at my colorful and pretty nails while I was gently brushing Seb's hair. I sighed again.

"Mga panglimang buntonghininga mo na 'yan, Gabriela." I jumped in shock when I heard Seb spoke. I pulled my hand away from his hair when he caught it.

He intertwined our fingers, slowly turning so he could face me while he's resting his head on my lap.

"You're gising na pala," I smiled, masking the shock. "Sorry, Seb, did I wake you up?"