Chapter Twenty Three

~ Return to present ~

Soleil's POV

I smiled at the surrounding of my studio exactly like the first day I had seen it. The furniture had already been replaced but some of them we couldn't get back the same design as the old one, and the wall had to repaint after serious vandalism.

I was lucky I had enough savings to cover the spending but I save in half since Lotte insisted to replace the new furniture for me. I understand her saving would be more than mine because she started her career earlier than me, but I couldn't be selfish.

After our long arguments, I lost. My family always said I was stubborn but no one would beat Lotte. Also, she had a great talk she could easily win me. Speaking of stubbornness I do believe either of us had from our mothers.

I smiled at Lotte who was busy singing out loud random lyrics and out of tone while unwrapping the new furniture happily. All of the furniture was chosen by her. She had a taste and I always left it for her to decide since I had decision making disorder.

"Thanks for everything, Lotte," I finally said after a long overdue.

Lotte stopped moving the furniture as she quickly walked toward me and pulled me into a bear hug, "What did you say Sunshine?"

I knew she was just messing with me. I knew I enjoyed being cheesy with Kimora but I always felt weird doing that with my family. I groaned and hugged her back in return, "I said thank you for everything, Lotte."

Lotte squealed a little and pulled away as she smiled at me a moment and asked, "So, what are you gonna do, Sunshine?"

I got what Lotte meant. She knew I had to put in a little more effort to recover my savings again since she already knew how much I left.

I assured her, "Well, I'll gonna skip this coming winter break."

"Ow," Lotte pursed her lips at me like a parent cooing her baby and I gently pushed her away causing her to laugh.

"Not a chance, Sunshine. You have to keep the winter break for us," I turned back as I grinned when Kimmy bear was smiling with contained excitement walking toward us.

Kimmy stopped right in front of me and breathe out, "Guess what. Your favorite guests are here."

She turned back and gestured for someone to come over. After a while, pair of elderly couples hand in hand walked out of from the hallway and smiled at me. I gasped in surprise, "No way."

The elderly couple walked toward me with a welcoming smile as I quickly met them in halfway and they opened their arms for me to embrace them.

"Long time no see, I hope you're doing well," I said happily as they chuckled softly and patted my back.

When I pulled away from them, the lady held my hands with a smile as the man turned to the hallway waved in and called out with a chuckle, "Guys, what are you waiting for, come one in!"

In a split second, I gasped when the people came in a group and filled the waiting area. They were a group of the models I had taken picture of them for my first contest. It was unbelievable all of them came and some of them were holding a large piece of furniture and I assumed it was the group photo I already let Kimora took it for cleaning service after the vandalism.

Now I get why Kimora insisted to do this for me since I could do that by myself.

I turned back and Kimora was standing next to Lotte, both of them keep waved me off and wanted me to greet my guests. I smiled at them before I turn back as I hugged my friends and quickly claimed the photo from them but I couldn't take it on my own and had to let them help put it on somewhere to unwrap it before hanging it on the wall.