Chapter Six

Kimora's POV

"Thank you so much, Eden. You did a huge favor for me again!" I exclaimed and grinned at my assistant. She well arranged my time frame and jobs, and she always remind me of my important tasks from time to time.

That makes sense she had already worked more than 5 years in this place as in my moms' high standard to the employees' performance.

"No biggie," Eden smiled as she checked her watch and said, "I know you work hard, but you deserve a break."

I checked the time on my phone the time was already past 12 as I said, "I'll go later. Well, It's time for you to go." I waved her out as she chuckled.

"Okay, I gotta leave," she said excitedly and quickly walked to the door as she turned back and added, "Stop working and take a break, Kimora."

"Will do," I chuckled as she waved at me before she left. Once she already left, I stretched my hands over my head and sighed.

I started working here for a week and it was hectic and no break for me. I already had three meetings since this morning. Not only three meetings I had for monitoring the managers, but also I have to prepare my reports for my bosses.

I saluted my moms for living in this lifestyle for years. I didn't mean to complain about this job I was having, it was quite challenging for me as I was still new in this place. Somehow, I should pick up my pace to reach the standard of a General Manager.

In people's eyes, they might think I was living under my moms' wings to survive in this place. They were wrong. It wasn't what they think like that at all.

Working under my parents doesn't mean I would get special treatment from them. We had to be professional with each other whenever we were in this property and every single of my tasks and reports to my moms would have a dateline given from them.

I would be shocked by the dateline expected from them. Sometimes, they seemed like fool me around with their amusement face. They would tell me this whenever I gave them that face.

"This is a great opportunity for you to learn your time management skill as a GM."

Well said, moms.

They could be very mean bosses in this property, but once we stepped into our sweet home, they eventually became the sweetest moms for me.

Even though they seemed like evil bosses in everyone's eyes, sometimes I would be amazed by their charm of the working skills. This side of them inspired me a lot and I always told myself that I could do it and never let them down since they already had a hope that I would gonna love this business and I was their only future for continuing this business which was my grandpa's baby.

I was startled a little when my intercom was ringing as I laughed and took the phone to answer by knowing who was calling me, "It's just 12, mom."

"We have our fixed lunch hour, Kimmy. The lunch breaks either from 12 pm to 1 pm or 1 pm to 2 pm sharp." mom said.

She was mean, wasn't she?

"Oh, you're so harsh, Mrs. Harrison," I said casually by knowing to call her like that was her weakness since she enjoys people addressing her as mommy's last name.

"I'm just giving you a sweet reminder. I'd never want any of my employees gastric and have to take a sick leave if they miss out their lunch break," mom said formally, but I could picture her saying with a contain smile whenever anything related to mommy. Whipped.

"That's sweet, Mrs. Harrison," I said sarcastically.

I shook my head when mom burst out laughing and said with her laughter, "Go have your lunch and stop being like a baby."