Chapter 22

Not too long after they got home, Betty called letting them know she was on her way and would be there in a few minutes.

"Is it okay if I tell Betty that you are Jasmine's biological mother?" MacKenzie asked as they straightened up the house.

"Oh, of course it's okay. I just can't believe I got to see the baby I had to give away although she not a baby anymore but still." Stella beamed, "If I had my choice about it at all, I wouldn't have been sent away. Shane and me would probably be still together. Plus we would be happy parents."

"It seems that way but I've heard your mom was evil."

"She was evil but I think maybe she was just scared cause her youngest was growing up." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Maybe." She shrugged her shoulders also.

All of a sudden the doorbell rang so MacKenzie went and answered it, knowing who it was.

"Hey." Betty smiled.

"Hello, come on in." MacKenzie motioned with her hand as she stepped to the side.

Once Betty was inside, MacKenzie shut the door behind her.

"Hi." Stella smiled weakily.

"Hey." Betty waved at little at her.

"Have a seat. You want anything to drink?" MacKenzie then told her what all there was to drink.

"Water is fine." Betty answered her.

"Okay, you need anything from the kitchen Stella?"

"No, I'm good."

Mackenzie nodded then went into the kitchen and returned a moment later with a bottle of water and handed it to Betty. She then sat down in one of the empty chairs.

"So, why did you want me to come over?"

"To have a girls night, well um, and also, there's some things we needed to tell you."

"Oh really?"

"Is about Jasmine." MacKenzie simply stated.

"What about her?" Betty asked with worry.

"These last few weeks, Kelly has been torturing me. And she sent me these pictures of the baby I was forced to give away. Pictures of a little girl as a baby up to the age she is today. That's why I got emotional when I seen your...daughter." Stella explained.

"So she made you think of the little girl you had to give away?"

Stella nodded as MacKenzie began taking, "And the other reason is because your daughter is Stella's biological daughter."

"Are you serious?"

"As a heart attack." Stella reached into her purse and pulled out the baby picture that was hers of Jasmine, "I had the nurse take this when she was first born." She handed the picture to Betty then grabbed the Manila envelope,  "And then these are the pictures that Kelly sent me." She handed them to Betty.

She looked at the pictures, "So... so you're Jasmine's real mom."

"Yes I am."

"That means you're the one who wanted her to keep the name Jasmine."

"Yes ma'am."

"I don't see how Kelly could do this, wait, yes I can cause I've caught her being rude to people who don't deserve it."

"Yeah, she doesn't like me because I am Shane's ex." Stella frowned.

"Well, anytime you want to see Jasmine just let me know. You are more than welcome to."

"Really? Are you sure?"

"Of course, I am absolutely sure. You have that right to see her."

"Thanks." Stella beamed.

"Anytime."

"So, where's Curtis at?" MacKenzie questioned.

"He's more than likely at the hotel, super 8. I actually came down here to work things out with him but I don't think that's going to happen."

"Why not?"

"I think he's cheating on me. Plus I think maybe it's a sign that we're not meant to be together anymore."

Stella and Mackenzie looked at each other then back at Betty.

MacKenzie then spoke, "Well, there's something you need to know."

"What is it?"

"A few days ago Stella had someone attack her when she was home alone. They had broke in and had actually cut their hand. We, our friend Lucas and me, had gotten home when she came running down the stairs. We called the cops and they took a blood sample of the broken glass and we found out whose blood it is."

"That's horrible, I don't see why someone could do that to another person. Who was the creep that did it?"

"We found out that the person was paid to attack Stella. It's hard telling if he would have done it on his own."

"Just tell me who it is if you want me to know." Betty lightly groaned.

"Okay." MacKenzie breathed out, "The guy, you know him, his name is... Curtis."

"Oh... wait a minute, are you taking about my husband, Curtis?"

"I'm sorry but yes." Stella frowned some while nodding.

With that Betty stood up shaking her head, "I highly doubt that. He's too caring to attack a female even if he was paid to do it."

"I'm sorry, it's true, blood tests don't lie. But if you don't believe us, you can call Detective Johnson. We will give you the number." Stella told her.

Betty let out a sigh, "I'm sorry, it's just hard to believe."

"I know and we wouldn't lie to you about something like this. You two have been together 9 years." MacKenzie smiled some, "And you can tell you love him."

"Oh I do love him, but everyone had a dark secret side."

"That is true." Stella nodded.

Betty nodded and decided to change the subject to something more interesting, "So are you girls living down here now or just visiting?"

"We're just visiting. I don't know if MacKenzie is but I'm going back to New York soon. My friends and family are here but besides that I've got nothing here for me."

"Well, I'll more likely go back with you because I've got nothing here for me, well except for Lucas, I wonder if he will come with us to New York. Even if it's just a visit."

"What do you mean you've got nothing here except Lucas?" Stella smirked.

"Exactly what I said." MacKenzie smirked back, "I say that because I think I'm falling for him but I can't."

"Why can't you?" Stella raised her eyebrows.

"Well we live in different states and I don't know that much about him."

"All you have to do is ask him but I can also tell you some things that I know."

"You would?" Mackenzie asked smiling and Stella nodded, "Thank you." Her smile got bigger and she hugged her.