Chapter 4

"Miss? Hello miss? You okay?" Some guy knocked on Stella's driver side window making her snap back into reality.

She jumped a little and shook her head, wiped her tears then rolled down her window some while looking at the guy.

"Oh, I'm, yes I'm fine thank you."

"Okay, sorry I didn't mean to scare you."

"No, it's fine. Do you know who lives here now?" She asked pointing to her grandma's old house.

"Yeah, my wife, Amber and me live here now. We bought this place a couple years ago."

"Cool, I've spent most of my life in that house. You know you look really familiar. What's your name?"

"Nick Brown."

"Nick Brown? Oh my God, Nick! It's me, Stella Grace."

"Oh shit girl, how have you been? It's been what-"

"Around 8 years." She sighed cutting him off.

"Hey, you want to come in for a little bit?"

"Oh no, I don't want to interfere with anything."

"Girl, you won't be interfering. Amber loves having company over."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, of course."

"Okay, let me just pull into the driveway if that's okay?"

"Sure, that's fine."

She parked her car in the driveway and as they were walking up to the door, she decided to strike up a conversation.

"So, is this the same Amber that you were dating when we were teenagers?"

"Yup." He nodded.

"Oh wow, you guys have been together for a while now."

"Since we were 17."

"Awe, how long have you two been married?"

"Four years now."

"Awe that's so sweet."

"Honey, I'm home!" Nick called out when they walked into the house.

"Nicky!" Amber came into the living room and kissed him, "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too." He smiled.

Amber then seen Stella standing behind him, "Oh, well, I knew you were going fishing but I didn't know it was for women." She joked.

"Amber, this is Stella Grace. You remember her don't you?" Nick chuckled softly.

"Stella? Oh my God!" She shrieked, "How have you been?"

"I've been good, you?"

Amber out her hand on her pregnant belly and smiled, "I've been good here too."

"Awesome."

"You two got here just in time, I just got done fixing dinner."

"Oh well I'll go. Don't want to be a bother."

"Don't be silly, we have enough sweetie." Amber told her.

"Yeah, she always fixes enough food to feed at least 5 extra people."

"Oh hush, I've never heard you complain before." Amber giggled, slapping Nicks chest playfully.

They sat down for dinner, talking about old memories while they ate. After they were done Stella got up and helped Amber with the dishes.

"Hey Stella, can I ask you a question? You don't have to answer it if you don't want to." Amber spoke up.

"Yeah, sure, ask away."

"Why...um...Why'd you run away?"

"Who told you that?"

"That you ran away?" Amber asked and Stella nodded, "Well it went around town. Some said it was your parents that started that story. I didn't want to believe that you ran away."

"Well, you don't have to believe it, because I didn't run away. I, uh, my parents sent me to this school in New York. It was a private school, one of the best ones around."

"Oh wow. Did you like it?"

Stella shrugged, "Yeah, somewhat, I mean they treated us really good."

They finished the dishes and joined Nick in the living room. When they walked in Stella seen a picture of a little girl, who looked about 3 years old, hanging on the wall.

"Oh my, she's so adorable! Is this your little girl?"

"Yup, that's Sophie. She's our angel." Nick smiled a little.

"Awe, well she's adorable. Where is she at?"

Amber down a little bit, "She died last year. Michael, you remember him don't you? Michael Berkley, well he was babysitting Sophie and they went out for ice cream that night. They never made it back home. Some drunk driver hit them on Sophie's side of the car. It killed them instantly."

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry to hear that."

"It's okay." Nick nodded a little.

"I see you two have another one on the way."

"That we do. We say this one is our miracle from God." Amber beamed as she rubbed her stomach.

Pretty soon Stella's cell phone rang and it was MacKenzie wondering when she was coming back to the hotel and to say they were going to bed. Stella stayed for a little while longer, exchanged phone numbers then she went back to the hotel.

As soon as she got back she changed into her night clothes then went to bed herself.