Chapter 21

Stella and Mackenzie decided to go shopping so Shane figured he'd tag along since the girls said it was okay with them. Shane and Stella was catching up on old times, talking about what they've been up to. The girls told him how they met and about their wild times in college while Stella and Shane also told Mackenzie how they met.

As they were walking down one of the aisles at the store, Mackenzie could have swore she saw Betty. So three of them followed her trying to catch up to her and when they did, Mackenzie noticed that it in fact was Betty.

"Betty?" Mackenzie asked.

Betty turned around, "Yes? Oh hey Mackenzie, what's up. I didn't expect to see you here in Maryland."

"Oh, yeah I'm here visiting with my friend. She came down to visit family so I came with her so she wouldn't have travel alone." Mackenzie explained.

"That's cool, I came here to fix things with Curtis. Plus our little one misses her daddy." Betty smile as she ran her hand down the back of her daughters head.

"Awe that's cool. Hey, have you ever met Curtis's family?" Mackenzie asked.

"Of course, multiple times."

"Does he have a sister named Kelly?" Stella asked.

"Yes he does, why do you ask?"

"Kelly is my fiance." Shane told Betty.

"Well congrats."

"Thanks."

"Why do you keep staring at my little girl?" Betty asked Stella.

"Oh um, because she's so beautiful, sorry. What's her name?"

"Her name is Jasmine. When we adopted her the agency told me it was requested for her to keep the name from the biological mother."

"So she knows she's adopted?" Shane questioned.

"Yup I do." Jasmine nodded once.

"What... How did you tell her?" Stella asked, "If you don't mind me asking."

"Oh, what the adoption agency told me. That her birth mommy was too young to take care of her but loves her very much. I also told her that if she could have took care of her, she would have. That she just wanted her to have the best care possible for her." Betty explained.

Stella got tears in her eyes so so quickly walked away. Shane told them sorry then went after her.

"What was that about?" Betty asked.

"Umm." Mackenzie grabbed a piece of paper, jotted down the address she was staying at and her number.

"Come to this address and I'll tell you why, I just don't want to do it here at the store. I put my number in there in case you need directions."

"Okay, well if I do come in going to leave Jasmine with Curtis's parents."

"And come by yourself."

"So don't bring Curtis either?"

"No, I'll explain later but I've got to go."

"All right bye."

They went their separate ways and Mackenzie tried to find Stella and Shane. She finally found them talking to detective Johnson and Stella had a smile on her face.

Mackenzie walked up to them, "Hey, what's going on?"

"Guess what?! They found out where Aiden and Madison is."

"That's wonderful."

"You want to tell her or you want me to?" Detective Johnson asked, looking back and forth from Stella and Mackenzie.

"Tell me what?" MacKenzie asked with raised eyebrows.

"I want to tell her." Nova nodded, "I told you that they found them but this might make you upset. Um, Madison was actually helping Kelly."

"But how? She's never been here before this trip. I don't understand."

"Apparently she's met Kelly through Curtis so that's how she knew I had told Shane stuff and where I've been. And Kelly did in fact pay Curtis to attack me." Stella explained.

"Oh my God."

"Aiden was the only one that was being held hostage. Madison acted like she was being held hostage for a cover up."

"How did you find all this out?"

"Earlier while in questioning, Kelly knocked her purse off the table. Some stuff fell out of it, including a notebook with every thing that had been happening to Stella in it. She is now in custody. She had been paying Madison to help her with every thing. Including keeping Aiden. Which we have officers going to the location to get Madison and free Aiden."

"So, you have to arrest Madison." MacKenzie asked, disappointed.

"Yes ma'am, I'm sorry. We have to arrest her for conspiracy." Johnson told her.

"What does that mean?" Shane asked.

"Means she was involved with something illegal and knew everything that was going on but didn't say anything to the authorities." Johnson answered, "Now, we are still trying to find Curtis, Stella's attacker. Kelly refuses to give up where he is."

"I bet I can find out." MacKenzie spoke up.

"How?" All 3 of them asked.

"His wife, Betty, she is in town. I was just talking to her a few minutes ago, well she's supposed to come to Aiden and Tony's house later so we can talk more."

"Is she bringing anyone?" Stella asked.

"No, I told her to come alone. Shoot, I could have asked her to bring him to set him up or something. She came here to try to make things right with him."

"What time is she coming over?" Stella questioned.

"We didn't set up a time."

"Well, how about this. When she comes over, strike up a conversation with her about him and ask where he is. At least where he's staying at. Then when she's gone, call and let me know where he's staying at." He suggested where only the 4 of them could hear and understand.

"Okay, I will do that." MacKenzie nodded her head.

Detective Johnson told them he had to go so he walked away. They finished their shopping, paid for their stuff then left the store. However they didn't go back to the house just yet, instead they went to the diner to let Tony know the news they had found out, plus Shane had to get his car from there.

Shane promised he'd see them later then he left the diner. The girls figured since they were are the diner they would go ahead and eat there. After they were done they decided to head back to the house and put their stuff away.