[Chapter 7] - Beau and Blue

A/n

I would just like to brace you for how long this chapter is. It's x2 more than normal chapters because I felt bad for not updating :). 

***

Kurapika shuffled underneath the thin sheets covering his body. He pulled them in an attempt to gain more warmth to no avail. Their hotel room had no lighting or heating, so throughout the night, the chill of the outside air danced on his skin.

He gave up and let himself sink back into his state of drowsiness. On the verge of falling back asleep, Kurapika could hear a faint voice comin from Y/n. Still barely conscious, he tuned in. Her voice carried from where she stood, at the foot of her bed. She whispered ever so softly, conversing with someone he couldn't hear.

"Yes, thank you," she hushed, "don't worry."

There was a pause in her conversation as she gave her attention to the other person.

"Goodbye," she whispered.

A click silently carried its way to his ears along with a beep, signalling the end of a call. Kurapika felt bad for trying to listen in on her conversation, so he noted to not bring it up later.

Y/n shuffled at the edge of her bed. The sheets of her bed made a soft sound as she rummaged for something. Kurapika kept still not wanting to be found out. All of a sudden, the noise stopped. All he could hear was the sound of his own heartbeat.

Then, footsteps started to make a path to where he lay until the girl was standing at the foot of his bed. She let out a defeated sigh. With one swift movement, she threw something down onto the poor blonde, hitting him in the face.

The contact against his face was enough to jolt the man awake, straight out of the feeling of drowsiness. Kurapika opened his eyes to the sight of a pillow that had been thrown in his face.

"What the hell?" he groaned in confusion. He hesitantly sat up and his eyes were met with Y/n's bored ones.

"You sleep forever," she said puffing her cheeks out in annoyance.

Kurapika, with droopy eyes, reached for his phone to check the time. On his screen read "6:37 AM". He looked over at the girl in disbelief, then back to the time, and back to her. "You're kidding right?"

Hidden in one of her hands, she revealed another pillow which she had taken off her bed. She chucked it at the man, hitting him in the chest. "Get up. We got a lead," she told him, walking away, into the bathroom and shutting the door behind her.

Kurapika stood up, getting out of his bed. As he got ready, he called to Y/n, "where are we going?" he asked.

Y/n, in the middle of getting ready herself, called back in response, "we're going to the city's central district. There's someone there we need to meet."

Kurapika sighed in displeasure, but not wanting to press further, he dropped the subject. He would just have to wait and see just who they were meeting and why. Y/n always seemed to keep things to herself, even though they were partners. He thought things would be different after last night, but she doesn't change. She was annoyingly consistent.

They finished getting ready and Y/n pulled them back into the city. Her cheery mood from yesterday, slowly returned as they made idle chitchat, walking along the dusty gravel paths that marked the city streets. She mentioned the most random things. She pointed out some of the old buildings that had been standing since the time she had lived in Meteor City. She told stories of the crazy experiences she had with every building she pointed out.