[Chapter 5] - New Developments

***

Not far from where Y/n slept restlessly, in the desolate streets, a meeting was held on the outskirts of Yorknew City.

The blanket of night draped over the city, creating dark pockets and hiding spots. Ill-illuminated spaces were ideal gathering spots for insects. Preferably ones who like to scheme and wreak havoc.

The abandoned building stood tall, reaching towards the sparking sky. Moonlight shined through the cracks and gaps in the walls. Rubble and debris from the partially collapsed building were scattered at the group's feet. It was dusty and unstable, a building overlooked by government officials like other parts of the city.

The group of people were covered by the thick darkness that blanketed them, and their silhouettes were outlined by the bewitching blue light of the moon.

"Where are those three?" a voice of a man called, in an irritated tone, to the people in the building. It was clear that whatever patience the man had was running thin.

A sigh escaped the lips of a woman from above him, "they'll be here soon. Be patient for once," her soothing voice lulled while she secretly cursed under her breath in annoyance. She didn't want to lash out in front of the others, and she had to keep the man from making a ruckus.

She jumped off a ledge towards the man, placing a hand on his shoulder. He forcibly shook her off and walked away from her, finding a spot to sit. She rolled her eyes at him, giving up on the man. He scoffed, resting his chin on the palm of his hand, "this sucks."

A figure sitting by a window chuckled at the man's behaviour. He seemed to find it amusing to see the man try to sit still with his impatient personality. A real treat to see.

"Shut up vermin," he yelled, pointing his finger at the man sitting in the window. "You're a new member, so don't make fun of me!"

The "vermin" threw an object at the man which he quickly dodged, "watch it, you stupid bitch!" the impatient man yelled, throwing the object back at him which he easily caught.

The man was about to retort when someone interrupted him, "can you two please calm down. We shouldn't fight one another," a mature voice of the wise informed them.

They seemed to calm down after that. A pattering sound echoed off the walls, through the rundown building, gradually getting louder. The footsteps grew closer and, in the doorway, revealed three figures, covered by the thick of night.

"They're here boss!" the woman called towards the ledge she had been previously standing on, to someone sitting in the shadows. A man on the ledge who was sitting with his legs crossed, lifted his head at her words. The three new figures regrouped with the rest of the gathered silhouettes.

"Damn it, finally," the impatient man whined, getting off of his spot. "Boss, what did you call a meeting for?" he asked joining the others that had grouped on the ground, "what took you guys so long?!"

"Shut up, we had to way through the Gordeau Desert," a shorter figure responded.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," the man responded.

The room remained silent before the silhouette on the ledge walked towards the edge. He peered down at all ten of his subordinates. The mere presence of their leader could make one crawl from their skin. All the group watched him in anticipation of his next words.

"The Underground Auction," he revealed. "In 7 days, onSeptember 1st- we'll empty their pockets." Smirks made their way to all of the group members' faces, their grins shining in the moonlight.