Chapter Fourteen: Subway

I didn't stay long at the Burrow. I received a letter from Midnight that Professor Dumbledore wanted me to meet Harry in one of the subways. During the last week of July, I took the subway to a small eatery and waited for Harry to arrive. The waiter working was about my age or possibly younger. He kept looking at me and I was enjoying the attention. I didn't feel too ashamed about it. I was nearly sixteen and, naturally, my hormones were driving me crazy.

         "I haven't seen you around here before," he finally said to me.

          His British accent was like Harry's and he was about Harry's height, too.

          I giggled, "I'm visiting from America."

          His eyebrow lifted for a second and smirked, "That's a sexy accent."

          I blushed, "I'm just waiting for my brother. I'm Rose."

          He slid me his number, "I'm Connor. Nice to meet you."

         A tall waitress nudged him, "Don't flirt with the customers!"

          I laughed and we watched her hypocrisy when Harry came in.

          I winked at Connor and pecked his cheek, "You're cute."

          He was cute; blonde hair and blue eyes.

          Harry saw me and I dragged him outside, "C'mon, lover boy."

         He scoffed, "Speak for yourself."

          Professor Dumbledore was waiting for us across the station tracks.

         He seemed amused by our interactions, "Young love? I miss the energy of youth."

          We laughed and he extended his arm to us but we saw his black hand. He told us it was a tale for another time. The shop Harry and I were just at was closing and our interests looked disappointed we didn't stick around. Professor Dumbledore ordered us to do as he says. I dreaded this moment but Harry and I held hands and took the Professor's arm. We apparated out of the subway and we ended up in a separate neighbourhood that we've never been to.

          "Both of you did quite well. Especially you Harry. Most people vomit," Professor Dumbledore complimented.

          "I can't imagine why," Harry said almost sarcastically.