Chapter Thirty Five: Guilt

I sat in the infirmary holding Ron's hand and Harry sat beside me.

          "Why did you put your mouth on his?" he asked me softly.

          I explained to him the concept of CPR and that I had learned it in America.

          He nodded to me, "Thank you, Mei."

          I put my head on his shoulder. No one else was allowed until the teachers and headmaster interviewed us as witnesses. Professor Slughorn was thoroughly shaken. He was still holding the bottle of mead. I looked away and knew why it happened. I helped Draco poison it and Professor Slughorn was meant to give it to Professor Dumbledore. Now, Ron was in the infirmary because of me. I can't keep doing this.

          Professor McGonogall, Professor Snape, and Professor Dumbledore came in and asked us what happened. We told him about Ron having eaten a love potion and that we took him to Professor Slughorn for a tonic. Then, we were going to have a drink but Ron collapsed. Harry gave Ron a bezoar and I performed CPR. The bottle of mead was revealed to be a gift for the headmaster as well. The Weasley family came in and they hugged us, thanking us for saving another one of them.

          Fred took me to the side and held me tightly, "You saved him."

          He was crying and shaking. I knew how close they all were. Even if they don't openly show it, their family means everything to them. Ron is the youngest of the boys, too.

          "Harry did, too. He's ok, Fred," I said softly.

          He kissed me and we went back to Ron. The family had to talk to Professor Dumbledore for a moment and Hermione came in. She held Ron's hand and then Lavender came up, upset to see both of us. However, an unconscious Ron started to moan Hermione's name and Lavender ran away crying. I guess they broke up?

          The Weasley family came back and I hugged them all before Harry and I left without Hermione. I winked at her and she made a face at me. Harry and I went to the Great Hall and I sat with Draco. How much longer can we keep this up?

          "We need another bottle of mead," I said softly to him.

          He sighed and understood.

          "Who?" he asked.

          I sighed and held his hand under the table, "Ron."

          He squeezed my hand, "Where?"

          I rubbed the back of his hand with my thumb, "Infirmary. Stable."

          He kissed me, despite everyone not approving of it in public, especially Harry, "I'm sorry, Mei."

          I shook my head, "It's ok. He got lucky."

          Lucky.

          I stood up quickly and put my hand to Draco's face, "You wonderful person."

          I said that to him in fourth year when he reminded me of the 'chicken' before the first task.

          "You have a plan?" he remembered those words.

          I kissed him again, "I do. I'll be away for some time though. Please trust me."

          He nodded and I went to my common room. 

Mei Potter, Year Six | Twin From Americaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें