"The only way to hurt me is by hurting you."

Enzo took my hand in his across the table.

"He wants me to report everything back to him. All of the information you give me, I give to him."

I could see the anger spread across his face. I could only imagine how he was feeling and the vile things he was thinking.

"Tomorrow, I need you to come somewhere to meet an old acquaintance."

"What?"

"Black tie attire. We'll have to put on a show. Can you do that?"

Hesitant to respond, I nodded my head.

"Remember, trust me, Lovebug. I'll be at your house at 8pm sharp."

We both slid out of the booth, and stood in front of each other. His hands cupped my face, and he stared into my eyes.

"I would burn the world for you, sweet girl."

He placed a gentle, reassuring kiss on my lips, and he walked me to my car.

Once to the door, I got inside, and turned on the engine.

"I would do the same for you, you know."

He smiled, and placed yet another kiss on my lips. "Be safe."

I'm going in blind tomorrow.

The entire next day was hectic.

I was awoken by an extremely unhealthy breakfast, made by my mom, because she insisted I needed a cheat day from my diet.

"Your body should go back to how it was, mija, don't force any new conditions onto it." She said, sitting a side of bacon on the tray that rested in front of me.

"Yeah, ma, but I'm still recovering. I should ease back into my routine."

She smiled. "Of course, but still, eat." She pointed to the food. "I'm headed to run a few errands. Santiago is downstairs."

"Did you tell him to get off of my ass?" I asked, taking a bite of the buttered biscuit.

"Vigila tu idioma, jovencita." She scolded. [watch your language, young lady]

I fought rolling my eyes in response. "Sorry. But I need you to tell him that I'm perfectly capable of handling myself and every situation I'm put in."

She agreed.

"I'm going out tonight."

"Where to?" My mom asked with such curiosity.

I didn't answer. Mostly because I didn't know.

"Or should I ask, with who?"

I took a gulp of orange juice. "Lorenzo."

The rest of the conversation was blocked by the deliciousness of the food I was eating, but it was also set that I keep my location on.

I hoped my family would grow out of needing to know my every move soon.

For the rest of the time the sun was still up, I took as a self care day. I straightened my hair, polished both my nails and toes, thankful for my naturally long nail bed, and picked out an outfit.

Soon enough, six-thirty was approaching, and I only had about an hour and a half to get ready.

I'll admit, I may have went shopping for a new dress, but only to get a change of scenery.