14

Love's POV

I used to have a dog named Loki. He was a Husky, very fluffy and playful. He'd run around for hours without getting tired. All I needed to do was give him a toy and water, and he was set.

I'd gotten him as a gift for Valentine's Day. And I know what you're thinking, "Who names a dog after a Marvel villain?"

I did. I was an eleven-year-old girl who was obsessed with villains. It was something about them that drew me in.

Maybe it was how they were just misunderstood and not evil, or that they would let the world burn before letting it touch their loved ones. Or maybe it was their insanely good looks.

Either way, I loved them. I loved Loki.

We played together everyday after school for months. I got attached to Loki. Loki became my best friend.

Until he wasn't.

I had come home from school just days after my twelfth birthday, and I couldn't find him anywhere. Loki had run away.

I was devastated. I cried for days, and I even made my brothers attend his funeral. We buried an empty dog sized coffin that day.

My parents offered to buy me another dog, but no one could replace him.

Much like Lorenzo.

Maybe it was Loki who gave me abandonment issues. Or maybe it was Lorenzo. When they both left, I wondered if it was me who ran them away.

Did I not play with Loki enough? Did I say something to Lorenzo that made him upset? Was Loki not happy with me? Did Lorenzo fall for someone else?

I began cherishing every person, every possession, every bit of everything when Loki left. I felt that if I didn't give something my full attention, they'd leave and never return.

I won't say that I didn't miss Loki—or Lorenzo for that matter, because I did. They both reminded me of each other. Misunderstood.

People thought Loki was scary because of his looks, but he was really the sweetest companion a little girl could've asked for.

People thought Lorenzo was troubled, but he was really just broken. His father broke him. I thought that by every second he and I spent together, I was fixing a small part of him.

When I met Lorenzo for the first time, my heart fluttered. I thought I knew what Mami meant when she said it was love at first sight with Papa.

Hence why they named me Love.

Whenever Lorenzo and I were together, there was always a piece of me that knew I wasn't good enough. No matter how much we kissed or hugged, laughed or smiled, the feeling never went away.

He would assure me that he'd never go. That he'd never abandon me like Loki did.

My suspicions were only confirmed when he left without any farewell. I thought for months that I was the reason for his departure.

Blair would tell me that it wasn't true. He didn't have a say in the matter. That he didn't want to leave me. But with each day he was gone, a tiny part of my soul felt like it was being chipped off.

It may sound dramatic, but I got oddly attached to Lorenzo. He made me feel complete. He made me feel pure bliss. Happiness.

Whenever we were together, it was like nothing else mattered. Only us.

There were no words that could fix me.