34

Love's POV

"You look like crap," I said as Enzo and I exited the stairwell.

I adjusted my dress, hoping I didn't look like I just gave oral sex to this insanely gorgeous man.

"Make me look presentable then, Love," he said, stopping in front of me. He motioned toward his face, and I rolled my eyes and stepped closer to him.

I got on my tippy toes and fixed his hair and wiped his forehead clean with my forearm. Running my fingertips over his wild eyebrows, I smiled.

"Why are you so cheery?" He asked.

"No reason," I finished making him look somewhat presentable. Pecking his lips, I grabbed his hand and made him follow as we reentered the ballroom.

"There she is!" Mami said as she stood next to Santi and his date, "come here, Lovey!"

I glanced at Enzo for a split second, then we made our way over to them.

"Hey, sis," Santiago said as he hugged me, and kissed my cheek.

"Your date is gorgeous," I whispered.

In response, he gave me a triumphant smile.

Backing away, I took in her mid length ruby dress and the tattoos on her arm. Her hair is light brown and a bit shorter than my own, and she also had height on her.

"Love, this is Vera. Vera, this is my sister, Love."

"Nice to meet you," I greeted, going in for a hug.

"Likewise, you smell amazing," she complimented.

"Thank you!" I replied, happy someone noticed the new scent I was trying out.

I didn't even notice Santi and Enzo standing off to the side, but by the time I did, they had joined the conversation.

My moms eyes got wide when she looked at me, insinuating that I should introduce Vera to Enzo.

"Where are my manners," I said, "Vera, this is my friend, Lorenzo,"

They shook hands.

"Great to meet you, Vera," Enzo stated with a tight lipped smile on his face.

He discreetly bent down to my ear and said, "friend? That's what we were ten minutes ago while you were begging for my cock? Just friends?"

"Now isn't the time," I told him, careful not to be too loud.

"My feelings are hurt, Lovebug,"

"Your feelings?" I asked, "or your ego?"

"Both,"

"Good,"

"Do you suck all of your friends like that?"

"Just you,"

He smiled, and we chimed in on the conversation about my mom's next project.

If Mami didn't keep herself busy, she'd go crazy.

I glanced around the room, looking for the face I noticed earlier.

He's nowhere to be found.

I began to get anxious, scanning the room for anyone unfamiliar.

I knew everyone here. No one looked out of place or suspicious in general.

I decided I was just seeing things that weren't there.

"Excuse me," I said to the group before heading to the restroom.