Prologue

Lorenzo's POV

Enmity- the feeling of hatred toward someone for a long time.

I made a vow to never fall in love again. I once loved someone so deeply that I would've went to the ends of the Earth to see them smile. I've seen firsthand what that kind of love could do to a person.

But attraction can't be controlled. It hits you like a car wreck. People have always said you want what you can't have, and I never understood that until I met her.

Years ago, I was a scared little boy who let feelings of doubt control him. I never expressed how I felt to her, and to this day, it is my biggest regret.

Though I wouldn't let love blind me and get in the way of the root of the reason I returned, I still hold a place for Love in my heart.

But I need to make those sons of bitches feel as I felt as I watched my dying mother take her last breath.

I hadn't known her death was their doing until my father left me papers and files that explained everything just before he died as well.

When I left, I had no intentions of returning. The scars I knew I burned on her heart ran too deep. I tried to hide my desires for her. Seven years have passed and no matter how many women try, they always fail. They aren't her.

The way Love leaves her mark on anyone she meets, and her eyes—her piercing green eyes could make any man vulnerable.

That promise was merely a smudge on a glass table.

"You're a ruthless killer who takes shit from no one, but when a dead man says jump, you jump?" My right hand man, Christian, said while cleaning up the blood on the wood floors.

"Don't question me or my motives. Ever. I do what I do for a reason." I replied, annoyed at his curiosity.

He stopped scrubbing for a moment and looked up at me. "New York is what you need to do? Move the entire business?"

"Christian, say one more thing and I'll put a bullet in your head. Keep quiet." I stepped over the lifeless body laying on the floor, "Have the car come around at eight. We have to go." I said, looking over my shoulder.

The truth is, I didn't give a shit about what my dead father wanted. I hated the guy. I practically killed him myself. The only reason I'm heading back to that awful city is to find and kill Nikolai Volkov. The murderer of my mother.

The only plus is that she is still living in New York. I hadn't known until I checked my payroll for the overhead business. I couldn't let her cloud my judgment, though.

She probably hates me. I wouldn't blame her, I left without saying goodbye. This is my second chance. Kill two birds with one stone.

-

Thoughts? Vote and comment, lovelies! I can't wait to continue this journey with you.

With all my love, L