33

Love's POV

TW: Mature content ahead!

•••

"We're late," Lorenzo retorted.

"So that's your excuse as to why you ran four red lights and a stop sign?" Even a seatbelt couldn't hold the way I jerked forward when he stepped on the gas even harder.

We were driving for a solid twenty-five minutes before shit started going downhill. As someone who's genuinely afraid of using the horn, Enzo uses it carelessly.

The old woman crossing the street did not appreciate getting startled. I laughed when she flipped us off.

"Yes," he glanced over at me, smirking.

"You have a sick justification meter," I said.

He placed his hand on my inner thigh, and caressed it with his thumb, "I have a sick mind, Lovebug,"

I looked up at him and muttered a, "yeah."

"Anything I should be looking out for tonight?"

I thought for a second about who'd be there.

"No. I'm sure you'll know everyone,"

"This is an annual thing Mila puts together?" He asked, and I nodded as we approached a red light.

"Will you stop this time?"

He let out a chuckle as the car came to a gradual stop.

"Yes, my mother is the chairwoman for these types of things," She takes pride in having something to do in her free time. Even when I was younger, she needed to keep herself busy, "she's excited to see you,"

"I'm flattered,"

"She's sent me four texts since I left the house, she thinks I'm not serious about coming,"

"Maybe she's just eager to see you," he said, eyes trained on the road.

"Maybe I should've took you up on your offer," I said, hoping he knew what exactly I was referring to. The light turned green, and Enzo stepped on the gas.

He glanced over at me cluessly, "what offer?"

Seriously?

"The one regarding me bent over in front of a mirror," his eyes widened, "you've forgotten the most tempting offer you've ever made me already?"

"No, of course not," he smirked, "I just wanted to hear you say it,"

"You're an asshole," I told him.

"I've heard that before,"

༺♡༻

"Love! You made it," Mami greeted me with a wide smile plastered on her face.

"I told you I'd come," I said, hugging her, feeling her arms wrap around my back.

"You look absolutely stunning in this dress, mija, almost as good as I did," She has jokes.

"All thanks to you, Mami,"

She smiled, "Enzo! How are you?" She hugged him as well.

"I'm good, Mila. Where's Theo?"

"He's around here somewhere. I'd check the bar." She winked, and Lorenzo gave her a head nod.

"This place looks amazing, by the way, Mila. So much effort was put into this,"