I dropped the weapon, howling in agony as the silver had damaged my hand. I kicked the stake away with the heel of my boot to prevent it from doing any more damage. My eyes shot up to the direction of where the stake had come from. Three humans stood, staring fearlessly. Humans? Why would humans interfere like this with a strigoi. No they weren't humans, they were dhampirs.

I returned the stare, eyes blazing in both fury and annoyance. They had hurt me, and tried to kill me. Try is only what they could do but they won't make it out of here alive. I noticed something else too that, all three dhampirs were pretty young which meant that they aren't qualified guardians. They looked sixteen or seventeen. It's a shame, they'll just have to die so young.

One of them, a guy, lunged at me armed with just a stake. Did I have to mention it was silver? I grabbed his wrist tightly, forcing him to drop it. The weapon hit the floor, I forcefully kicked it away whilst twisting his arm behind him and kicking him in the back. I could have killed all three of them in seconds, but realised I needed this. I needed a distraction, something fun to do for once. Plus, they deserve to die painfully, a quick death was just too merciful.

Cautious and firm, the other two dhampirs charged for their attack. I landed a hard blow in his face and grabbed the other one. My fist clutched the collar of his shirt as I shoved him against the wall. He went pale, glaring with hate but there was also fear in his eyes which made me smile.

My hand closed around his neck and in a blur his body lay limb in my grasp, his neck at an unusual angle, mouth open and eyes lifeless. In a fluid motion, I turned and threw the body straight ahead, hitting both of them square in the chest. I had sensed their silent approach, they were both trying to catch me by surprise which was highly impossible for a strigoi, especially an ex-guardian like me, trained and qualified. Their foolish acts will be the cost of their lives.

They made an effort to push the body of their fellow comrade away, whilst shocked and disgusted. I have to give them credit for that, they witnessed their friend's murder at such a young age and they still fight. Even though they should know by now that they won't live to see tomorrow. I will of course, I'll live to see every day of eternity. I would be able to destroy anyone against me. With Roza by my side, I will be indestructible.

Dramatically, I grabbed the one closest dhampirs to me, eyes narrowed as I growled in anger. I was merely making an appearance of anger, this encounter was truly amusing. This fight seemed to ignite a fire in me that made me feel alive which is ironic since I am known to be 'undead'. The angry appearance brought a sense of fear in his face. Fear of me. I turned to the side to see the last dhampir had clumsily gotten up and he was running. For once, he was doing something smart. Running away instead of staying increased his life span by a few seconds.

Expertly, I threw the second dhampir against the far wall with a force that was more than sure that it would kill. I left the bloody mess as I went after the last dhampir. I could have let him go but where is the fun in that? I would also hate to leave unfinished.

An easy chase simply entertained us strigoi, playing with our food is always fun before feeding. Just like a predator and their prey. The predators are always the strongest and they conquer above all.

Hunting the dhampir down was just too easy. I could hunt him down in seconds blindfolded. I could hear his heavy breathing, hear his feet pounding on the floor and the loud thumping of his heart, I could smell the sweat pouring down his face but most of all I could smell the blood that pooled from a deep cut on his arm. If you ever have a strigoi on your tail and you're bleeding, well then you're doomed.

I continued to stalk him, lurking in the shadows. Fear filled his face as he looked around cautiously and then most of the fear melted and an expression of hope crossed his face. I stepped out of the shadows, posture fearsome as I looked him in the eye. Fear radiated from him in waves that seemed penetrating, almost visible.