Facing Demons (Chapter 21)

still alive

Chapter revised 31/05/2022 -  See comment at end for extra info

================================================================================

Ryuko has changed.

Not just on the outside, as obviously she was now wearing Junketsu (which had a different look, presumably a result of some Life Fiber-fuckery done by Ragyo or Nui)

No, what Toshiro saw was much more worrying. Inside her eyes was not a single ounce of pity, or remorse, or even hesitation. Ryuko... well, it couldn't even be called Ryuko for starters. It was like a completely different soul occupied the body.

One too similar to Yuryomi for his liking.

"Well, look what we got here!" She dryly commented, assuming a dominating pose upon her rubble throne. "Teamin' up against me, are ya? You just made my day..."

Satsuki was unmoved, and Toshiro did his best to copy her character. It's not something he ever thought he'd being doing, but here we are.

"I know how much you both must hate me, but right now we are the only chance there is of stopping her!" She spoke, presumably to both him and Senketsu. "Lend me your strength!"

Now to that, Toshiro would be more than happy to oblige.

Satsuki now stepped up, her words now directed directly at Ryuko herself. Toshiro followed suit.

"To think you were my little sister... Once."

"Hah! Playing that card already? Don't make me puke!" Toshiro opened his mouth, but she would have none of it. "Zip it, sweetheart. The important people are talkin'!"

'Wha-, How dare you?!'

"I'm warning you that I won't hold back! I'll crush anyone who becomes a puppet to Life Fibers, EVEN YOU!" Satsuki purposefully raised her blade in a crossguard pattern. "Let us begin, Senketsu."

He had to admit, the familiar sights and sounds of Senketsu's activation unnerved him some, but he would never let that show. Especially when this 'Ryuko' seemed poised to dismember him the moment he betrayed any weaknesses.

The slow creaking of metal was the only sound now. And if watching old westerns has taught him anything, that meant it was about to begin. Toshiro summoned Chariot and braced himself for attack.

 Toshiro summoned Chariot and braced himself for attack