Aftermath (Chapter 18)

I LIVE!

================================================================================

"So the North Kanto gang leaders have fallen too... With that, all of the academies under Honnouji's control have fallen to the Covers... with the exception of S City Academy in the north."

"Oh really? Think they could lend us a hand?"

"Not likely, considering we tried and failed to take over their Academy by force. We've been on unfriendly terms since that occurrence. Besides, they're too far off for us to reach without compromising our own efforts."

"...So in short, we're screwed. Of all of Satsuki's forces, we're the only ones left." Mikisugi commented idly, staring at the map of Japan's fallen academies. "Do you have any good news?"

"Yes, of some sort." Inumuta typed away on his computer, bringing up his 'good' tidings on the board. "Sanayegama's Goku Uniform was the last we had, but we have two new weapons forged from Lady Satsuki's Bakuzan - Bakuzan Gako, wielded by Jakuzure, and Bakuzan Kouryu, wielded by Gamagori."

"There's also my Tailor's Dagger and Glove, and his DotonBori Robo

"There's also my Tailor's Dagger and Glove, and his DotonBori Robo."

"DTR..."

"Let's not split hairs." Inumuta continued even as Mikisugi continued repeating the name. "We also have Hol Horse's and Matsuda's abilities on our side."

"They're called Stands." Hol Horse stated. He had, much like Tsumugu, taken a position on the edge of the room, not really involved but still listening.

"...I reiterate my previous point. All we can hope for now it seems is Iori's project being completed in time. "

"Too bad your people destroyed our R&D facilities during the raid, the equipment could've helped him. Now that we're on that topic..." Mikisugi turned to face the (Former) Information and Strategy Chair. "...If your plan was to rebel against Ragyo anyway, how come you never considered joining forces with Nudist Beach?"

"Simple - It's hard to keep a secret if everyone knows it. Even at the Academy the list of people who knew was short - Just us in the Elite Four, Iori of the Sewing Club, Satsuki's butler Soroi and Lady Satsuki herself, obviously." Inumuta answered. Hol Horse silently nodded in agreement - The Foundation also preferred the 'Need-to-Know Basis' style of information handling, and even among the Supernatural Research Division only few knew the true nature of Stands.

"Well... I suppose I'm not fit to judge, considering I had no idea you guys had me figured out way before our operations at the Academy even started in full." Mikisugi's lab coat slowly began to drift off.

"You'd think you'd start hearing about these Cover attacks somewhere in the news or online, but there's nothing there." Tsumugu put to the room.

"My guess is they've got everyone under their control and looking the other way." Mikisugi posited. Inumuta confirmed this theory.