JUNKETSU (Chapter 4)

"So... on the 10th of January, 1933, Hitler's cabinet was inaugurated into power. Soon after, they aggressively began to pursue a dictatorial government for Germany..." Mikisugi monologued as he looped back to where he was at the beginning of the last lesson. It never seemed to dawn on most of the class that the curriculum seemed to be repeating like a broken record, day-in, day-out. 

Then again, most of them were either asleep, doing something else or playing dead.

One such asleep student was Mako, that was just her average routine. Beside her sat Toshiro, who was idly doodling in his notepad, and Ryuko, who had her eyes glued to the teacher's back. It was then that they were all saved by the sound that students across the world love; the sound of the end-of-lesson bell.

Ryuko left the class at a brisk pace, chasing Mikisugi. Toshiro soon followed suit, and Mako remained asleep.

'She'll wake up soon. She always does. I just wonder where Ryuko's off to in such a hurry.' Toshiro thought as he followed her. He continued moving even when he saw Ryuko stop dead at a corner, as he was quite interested as to what she was trying to do.

"Why're you chasing Mr. Mikisugi all of a sudden?"

"Because that bastard promised me some answers yesterday, and I'm gonna get them!"

"OOOOOH RYUUUUUKOOOOOOOOOO-!" Ryuko and Toshiro looked down the hallway at the fast approaching Mako-missile, and nodded at each other in silent agreement. The latter sidestepped out of the way, whilst the former caught the brunette and span her around, before setting her back down on the ground.

 The latter sidestepped out of the way, whilst the former caught the brunette and span her around, before setting her back down on the ground

It was then that the two noticed the small note pinned to the back of Mako's uniform.

See me after school at my place.

-Aikuro Mikisugi

"Oh my Ryuko, I didn't know you and Mikisugi were a thing." Toshiro teased.

"WAIT WHAT?! RYUKO AND MR. MIKISUGI ARE A COUPLE?!" Mako shouted at a volume loud enough that everyone in a 20 meter radius could hear it, earning a few turned heads.

"W-WE ARE NOT! He just said he'd give me some answers about my uniform, THAT'S ALL!" Ryuko stammered out in response.

"Oh don't worry, your secret is safe with us. We're your besties after all. Ain't that right Mako?"

"YEP! Mako will always keep your secret safe and tell it to no one! No one, no one, no one!" Mako almost went into one of her speeches, but Ryuko cut her off.

"I'M NOT WITH THAT CREEP!"

Sensing in her tone of voice that his work here was done, Toshiro disengaged Ryuko before she started throwing punches. "Ok, ok, whatever you say. Enjoy your house visit. C'mon Mako" he nonchalantly replied as Mako soon followed, leaving an embarrassed Ryuko to continue with getting her answers from Mikisugi.