The Calm before the Storm (Chapter 16)

Seeing as this chapter covers the second main 'arc' of KLK's story, I've used the OP instead of just an image.

A very special thanks to TheLanceLonginus, whose suggestion on the crossover between Life Fibers and Stands has been used in the writing of this Chapter.

(Originally published December 8th 2021)

EDITED on 29/07/2022 : Slight overhaul of Mikisugi's speech and the aftermath of it.

================================================================================

"Come along now, our base is right up ahead."

For the past 10 minutes, Mikisugi had been leading them on the path to Nudist Beach's HQ. Toshiro noted how Mako was strangely focused on something, which she rarely ever was. Maybe he should ask. Or maybe it's about food or sightseeing or souvenir collecting.

In which case he should not ask.

"Here we are." The group of 4 lined up as Mikisugi and Tsumugu climbed onto the barrier of Osaka's central canal. "Like Satsuki Kiryuin said, Ryuko, this is where things go to the next level. It's time for all the secrets I've kept from you to be lain bare for you to see!"

"Can you please stop with this... thing... you're doing" Toshiro struggled to even categorize Mikisugi's stupid wordplay, waving an arm around to emphasise this point.

"Second that. Quit the innuendos, perv." Ryuko put his request into more direct words.

"Well, where's the fun in that? I'd be dishonest if I kept any part of me covered." Mikisugi jokingly replied, much to the couple's distaste.

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH!" Mako suddenly shrieked, eliciting a scared jump from Ryuko and Toshiro, and even a flinch from the stand-user veteran Hol Horse. "YOU'RE MR. MIKISUGI! FROM CLASS!"

"Oh,. right, you're never seen me without the teacher's disguise. Yes, I suppose I am Mr. Mikisugi. From Class." The 'teacher' replied, ruffling his hair to look a tad more like his alternate form.

"Oh. My. God! You're an exhibitionist like Ryuko!!!"

"I'M NOT AN EXHIBITIONIST!" Ryuko almost immediately defended her... fighting habits. Toshiro quietly chuckled beside her. "Oh come on, not you too!"

"Oh, you." Toshiro giggled, as Ryuko looked away in embarrassment.

"W-whatever, it's not true and you know it! C-can we just get on with this whole 'secrets' thing?!"

"I'm glad you asked. Come on up here." Mikisugi asked, with Hol Horse, Ryuko, Toshiro and then Mako climbing up thereafter.

"Hey, aren't we gonna... y'know..." Ryuko nodded her head towards their bestie. Toshiro shook his head in defeat.

"What's telling her to stay behind gonna do? You know she'll follow us anyway." Ryuko hummed in quiet agreement.

"Alright gang! I hope you've all had swimming lessons!" Mikisugi announced, diving into the canal. Tsumugu and Mako followed soon thereafter. Hol Horse shrugged, before jumping in as well.

"Guess we're doing this now. Try not to drown, OK?" Ryuko asked, before jumping in herself.

"Oh, this poor thing..." Toshiro looked at his precious uniform, covered in rubble and dust, partially stained with blood and, now, soon to be soaked. After a second's mourning, he, at last, took the plunge into the canal.