NO TARDIES DAY! (Chapter 5)

"SENKETSU!"

The alarm sounded like Ryuko.

"Hrnnggh..." Toshiro groaned as he slowly woke himself up, seeing Ryuko stood up straight and wide awake. "You all right? Who's Senketsu?"

"Oh, uhhh... Just a dream... Don't worry about it." Ryuko replied. At this point an air-raid siren sounded over the whole of Honno town, causing Mako to break into the room like a scared alley cat running from a loud noise.

"EEEH!!!  QUICKLY GET DRESSED YOU TWO! OH WE'REGONNABELATEWE'REGONNABELATEWE'REGONNABELATE!!!"

Toshiro and Ryuko quickly got up, with the former immediately going to put his uniform on (or rather, its stand-in) while the latter simply looked around at the Makos dancing around the room at high speed.

After dressing up, Toshiro glanced at the clock in the room to gauge how long they had left to run.

'...'

'4AM? WHAT THE HELL?!'

"Se-Senketsu!" Turning to Ryuko, Toshiro saw her looking on in horror as her uniform was being washed by Mako's mom.

'Is Senketsu the uniform?'

Ryuko, stupidly, tried to negotiate taking over cleaning her uniform from Sukuyo, who rejected the notion outright. She even gave Ryuko a lecture, which was something quite unexpected for her.

"Your job as a student is to learn! My job as a Mom is to do the Laundry! Now go eat your breakfast dear!"

"NO TIME! IT'S YOUR BIG DAY YOU TWO, YOU CAN'T BE LATE!" Mako cried out as she quickly snatched her lunchbox, Ryuko's guitar case and a still very confused Toshiro by the collar.

"YOUR FINE IN YOUR PJS, JUST GO!" Mako continued shouting as she hurriedly handed over the case to Ryuko, before snatching her up as well and running out with the two students she now held.

"Don't worry, we'll drop your uniform off once it's ready!" Mataro and Barazo said in unison. That was probably the least reassuring thing Toshiro had ever heard, and he imagined Ryuko thought the same.

"W-wait! Senketsu!" Ryuko desperately shouted she managed to stop Mako by clinging to the door frame.

"You gave your uniform a name? That's even more reason to get to school! You need to get some more friends before you lose it completely!" Mako said as she grabbed Ryuko once more and rushed out of the house, and into a sea of students making the trek to school.

Ryuko used her case as a life raft, and after Toshiro and Mako had both draped themselves over it, she began to analyze the situation more closely.

"What's with the traffic? Everyone's marchin' like their lives depend on it..."

"Yeah, that and the fact that we got up at 4 in the morning." Toshiro added in, still quite grumpy over being woken up this early, especially after yesterday's events.

"Today's the day where the No Star students of Honnouji Academy must risk life and limb to get to school on time!" Mako explained. " It is a day of reckoning and death for the Honno town youth! IT'S... NO TARDIES DAY!"

Toshiro and Ryuko both stared at Mako, confused as to what all of that meant. Ryuko was the first to vocalize this confusion.

"What the hell's that?"

Answering their plight, a gigantic boat-like platform plowed its way through the buildings to the right of the group. On top of that platform stood none other than Honnouji Academy's disciplinary giant.