An Unexpected Reunion! [Naturals Election] (Chapter 9)

Honnouji Academy Courtyard, 8:30AM

*CLACK*

"STUDENTS OF HONNOUJI ACADEMY! TODAY MARKS THE BEGINNING OF A COMPLETE OVERHAUL OF THE STUDENT COUNCIL, FROM THE GROUND UP!"

The whole of Honnouji's student body, everything from No Stars like Toshiro, Ryuko and Mako to Club Presidents of all shapes and sizes were gathered in the school courtyard. Satsuki was announcing something, and boy was it going to be huge.

"THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE WILL BE ALLOWED TO FREELY ATTACK THEIR PEERS! THERE WILL BE NO RESTRICTIONS ON WEAPONS OR TACTICS! THE ONES WHO ARE STILL ALIVE WILL MEET HERE IN 7 DAYS TIME, WHERE THEY SHALL FIGHT TO CLAIM THEIR SOCIAL STANDING!"

'Oh my god... How much worse can this place get?' Toshiro really couldn't have predicted that this school would become more barbaric. And yet, it has.

"THIS WILL BE A FIGHT FOR CHANGE! FOR THE FUTURE! HONNOUJI ACADEMY'S FIRST ELECTION, BY BATTLE ROYALE!"

"Election my ass..." Ryuko grumbled beside him.

"IN THIS ELECTION, YOU WILL NOT CHOOSE SOMEONE TO REPRESENT YOU, YOU WILL REPRESENT YOURSELF! YOUR STATUS, YOUR STRENGTH, YOUR WAY OF LIFE! IN 7 DAYS, THERE WILL BE A SUDDEN DEATH RUNOFF BETWEEN THOSE THAT ARE LEFT STANDING! And should you emerge ...

"IN THIS ELECTION, YOU WILL NOT CHOOSE SOMEONE TO REPRESENT YOU, YOU WILL REPRESENT YOURSELF! YOUR STATUS, YOUR STRENGTH, YOUR WAY OF LIFE! IN 7 DAYS, THERE WILL BE A SUDDEN DEATH RUNOFF BETWEEN THOSE THAT ARE LEFT STANDING! And should you emerge victorious, I will personally grant you your new Three-Star Goku Uniform!"

Toshiro glanced around the crowd. Some were terrified, mostly No-Stars. Others were grinning like mad-men at the opportunity to jump up the social ladder. Some probably already had targets in mind.

"NOW, STUDENTS OF HONNOUJI ACADEMY..."

"F I G H T !"

The air grew thick, as if the crowd was encased in setting concrete. There was complete silence, as students across the courtyard eyed one another, already marking out their first targets

"Guys..."

"We're gettin' outta here." Ryuko finished. She slowly grabbed Mako, and the two prepared to make their exit ASAP.

"I'LL KILL YOU!" The shout of one student someways away from them rang out across the arena, and soon the whole of the Academy was at each others throats.

"MEET ME IN MIKISUGI'S CLASS!" Ryuko barked out as she rammed her way through the student body.

"YOU GOT IT! [SILVER CHARIOT]!" Chariot similarly cut open a path for its user, who bolted as fast he could to Class 2-K.

...

Toshiro limped into their homeroom class, unsurprisingly being greeted by his Ryuko and their secret agent teacher, Aikuro Mikisugi. He greeted them cordially between deep breaths.

"Hey... guys...."

"Glad you could make it too Matsuda." Mikisugi responded back. "Right, now that we're all here... You two see that cocoon up there?"