"she met danny." dustin answered for anais, laughing the eye roll she did.

lucas and mike made a face which anais smiled at, "what are your grievances with him?"

lucas shrugged. "he's just been a dick since..forever." everyone else nodded.

"he seems off."

"okay class!" mr clarke spoke coming in, "today we will be prepping for our dissections!"

•••

"psst, wheeler." anais said, trailing behind mike after class.

"huh?" mike hummed. he sucked in a deep breath when anais hooked a finger onto his belt loop, pulling him to her with ease. because of their height difference he had to look down at her, but why was she the one making him nervous? "copying my style i see?"

god she was hot.

his face went a little red. "the jacket matched my outfit, that's all."

anais nodded. "hmm, so you didn't wanna smell like me?"

mike shrugged. "maybe a little."

she smiled up at him, "check the pockets."

mike dug into the coat pocket and pulled out a handful of jewelry. a large cross pendant necklace and rings with skulls and evil eyes on them.

"you're gay and you're a christian?" was the first thing to come out his mouth.

anais sucked her teeth. "it's a fashion statement, and since you're my little prodigy, you gotta put it on."

he slid the rings on to his fingers as anais took the necklace. she leaned forward into his face, arms stretching around his neck and clasping the cold jewelry on to it. she took a step back and nodded at him. "good."

she turned and walked away like nothing happened, leaving mike standing there all flustered.

"someone's smitten." lucas said, brushing mike's shoulder and walking past him.

"i am not." mike retorted as he followed.

"are too."

"am not."

"are too!"

"am not! how many times do i have to tell you guys i don't like her?" mike scoffed, tugging on the strap of his bag.

lucas looked at his friend. "until you don't like her. which will be hard, cause i haven't seen you that red since you first got with eleven."

mike got defensive quick. "leave her out of this."

"oh?" lucas asked as he turned and walked backwards into a classroom. "you know i'm right."

he was silent.

"look, i don't care what you do, just don't hurt anais. got it?"

mike was confused. "how could i hurt anais?"

lucas gave him an exasperated look and sighed before mumbling something and walking off. mike rolled his eyes and continued down the hall.

he left a tug on his sleeve and looked over to see anais.

"what was the hold up?"

mike shrugged it off. "nothing, just lucas."

ana nodded and pulled him into their english class.

"hey, anais?" a voice asked. both ana and mike turned around to see a girl with long black curled hair and bangs. she gave a warm smile which showed off her dimples.