I watch as the guys finally leave Nevaeh's table. Right. Those guys can go to hell. The same goes for that stupid boy, Kai. He can say anything he wants, but there's no way that God will change his age.

Nothing, nothing can change his age. I smirk in satisfaction.

Maya's hand shoots to her mouth, as though she finally realizes that she has spoken too much. "Um... I think I should go back now," she echoes before tottering toward Nevaeh.

When Maya arrives at Nevaeh's table, another girl and a man approach them. The three of them sit with Nevaeh. The man says something, and Nevaeh laughs.

The scene triggers me, more than I could ever imagine.

Who the fuck is that man?

Why the hell is Nevaeh laughing at what he said?

Before I know it, my legs bring me closer to them. I approach them with full strides while my blood boils.

Nevaeh is taken aback. Her eyes widen as she stares at me in shock.

I take the empty seat beside her, eyeing the newcomer with a cold stare. Judging from his appearance, he definitely looks older.

I shift my gaze to Nevaeh and give her a small smile. "Can I sit next to you?"

She stares at me with mouth agape. I continue glaring at the man in front of me.

A few seconds pass before Nevaeh abruptly speaks, "Everyone, this is Aiden. My..."

Daddy.

Say it. Fucking say it.

"Friend." Nevaeh smiles nervously.

Fuck.

"Aiden, this is Ash, and Maya," she pauses, as though she's thinking about how she should introduce the last one. "And Flynn."

Flynn scrutinizes me, and I don't like the look on his face. It's like he knows what's bothering my mind.

"Aiden?" he repeats my name before offering his hand for a handshake. "Nice to meet you. I'm Flynn."

Being friendly with him isn't something that I want to do right now, but since he has offered a handshake, I accept it.

"How old are you?" the question slips from my tongue before I can't prevent it.

I can't help it.

I can't help the glare on my face either.

Everybody at the table gawks at me.

Flynn's eyebrows shoot up while Maya looks down at her lap. She looks like she wants to knock her head on the table.

Flynn chuckles and shakes his head in disbelief, but he answers nonetheless, "29."

I feel like I want to launch a nuclear missile.

He's 29? He's a year older than me?

Fuck.

"And you are...?" His tone is somehow filled with mischief. He raises his eyebrows, expecting me to answer my own question.

Like I would fucking answer it.