29. What the fox

Previously:

In the last episode we met Bai Qian gugu, aunt of Qiqi, and found out that Qiqi's actual name is Bai Fengjiu, and they are from the Nine tailed fox clan. Goddess knows just the person we can go to know about Fengjiu's whereabouts. Now we will be going on this journey to get to FengJiu. This will help us first understand what the hell is going on regarding her, the mountain and how we reached here, then worry about next action item.

----------

Goddess Bai Qian brought us just outside a large manor. The environment around here felt serene.

She instructs, "Before going in, a brief on immortal Nine Tailed fox tribe of Qing Qiu - This is led by the fox king God Bai Zhi, my father, who has since divided the land for each of his 5 children to rule and take care of. Fengjiu is the daughter of my oldest brother. And We are now meeting one of my other siblings - God Bai Zhen.  Now, Lets go in, Fourth brother must be inside the library reading."

We go inside and find this mesmerizing person sitting and lost in the world brought to him by the letters of the book he is so intently reading.

Goddess moved forwards and greeted her brother, "Si Ge ."  He looked up at her greeting with a soft smile on his face, recognizing her voice.

"Xiao Wu. Come,  who is this with you?" He gestured us to come in.

I introduced myself , "This one is Yuan Ying courtesy Wuxian. I am from Baihu Shitu near mount Junji. Due to some circumstances I found myself in the peach blossoms."

"Si Ge, he came with Xiao Jiu. She is currently in ordinary fox form and most probably with Zhe Yan."

"So you came here wanting me to take you to Zhe Yan." It was not a question. "You seem sure that I know of his whereabouts."

Goddess answered, and by her tone it was obvious that the alternative was not even in the option, "Of course brother. If not you then who. And even if that is not the case, you would definitely find a way to find our mischievous little fox."

He sighed, acquiescing,  "You are right. Let me check where he is currently then we can go meet him." He then closed his eyes, and fell into a trance. After a while he opened his eyes, "I feel that he is at his hideout cottage. Come now let us go to him."

Before leaving he turned to me and asked, "Are you alright with traveling again? It must be too exhausting for you."

I was touched with his concern. This brother of the Goddess has such a different personality from both her and Qiqi. His heart seems to be just as gentle as his tone. But I don't doubt that he would ever hesitate to draw blood if any of his loved ones were fatally threatened.  "Thank you for your concern God Bai Zhen. The babies are behaving so I would be alright for one more trip."

Reassured, he said, "That is good then. Hold on."

We then travel the god way to our next destination, and were greeted with another display of nature's exquisite masterpiece. According to the talks of the siblings it seems that this being is at least ten thousand years old. Though I have a inkling that I am way off on that number. But he somehow managed to look absolutely bewitching as if in his prime 30s.

Is everyone here so breathtaking?

Bai Qian broke my trance by moving ahead first and about to ask him about Qiqi- Oh right she is FengJiu, I should now call her by her actual name.

As if he instinctively knew her, God Zhe Yan answered her unvoiced question, "She is inside and is currently resting. Her powers and spirit seems to have taken a toll."