28. Goddess

Previously:

We plan for the event of meeting the mysterious beings. We make teams, partners and assign positions and tasks. Me and Qiqi are positioned up on the mountain. There we meet the screechy rude lady. After getting rid of her we find a fan. As me and Qiqi both grab it, it emits a white light and we are transported to god knows where. And whats worse is that Qiqi is no where near.

-------

Pink.

So much pink that I'm surrounded by it.

But surprisingly my eyes don't hurt by the excessiveness of it, infact it is soothing, pleasant even to my eyes.

I wonder if A-Feng or A-Shuang will like this environment . Immediately my hand go to my stomach wanting to reassure myself that my babies are fine. Just then I remembered that A-Jie taught me how to do a basic diagnosis by checking the pulse. I press my fingers to my rest calming myself down to get a more accurate reading. Phew! my babies are well not harmed. I do a recheck to confirm.

My next plan of action is to inspect the surrounding to determine where exactly am I, and how do I go back, figure out where Qiqi is, if not then get back with reinforcements. And while doing this, if I can get some information about the mysterious beings, then it will be superb. I have a strong hunch that it is somehow related. It would be too much of a coincidence if it is not. Also why did they take Qiqi with them? Is she some sort of treasure/intelligent/powerful being that people are after? She does always seem so wise and comforting. I feel I am with a little sister that I can spoil. If someone is really after her then she would be in grave danger. I should try to find her, and soon.

I step out of the hut to get a feel of the area, and scan for immediate threats. There is no one around but there is this peculiar scent in the air. I would have recognize this scent anywhere. And no, it is not sandalwood. It is of something that I have loved majority of my life, my crutch in times of need. Never leaving my side. Though this fragrance is much more refined and superior in quality, I can identify the smell of wine anywhere even if I can't partake in it for now.

So it happened that I was led by my nose and this time I let it be my compass, my other senses anyway did not have any leads. And so I slowly waddle to the source of the peace to my olfactory system.

Once I reached, I saw there was someone lying on the tree holding jars of wine, while beneath it there were both broken pieces as well as whole wine filled jars littered around.

Getting closer I made out that it was a woman lazily resting on a tree branch, with one leg bent in comfort. Her hands held a jar of wine each, and she was drinking leisurely from one while the other was carelessly dangling along with the soft breeze. Her soft, almost feathery dress fluttered with the wind. Her hair lost in its own dance, adding to the beauty of the scene in front of me. And her face was a work of art, smooth unblemished flushed skin with foxy eyes with natural depth in the dark brown eyes hidden beneath long feathery lashes, long dainty nose and her perfect pink pouty lips. It didn't even look like she partook in any make up and dressing up activities. She was just an effortless beauty and a Goddess.

I must have made a noise that alerted her, as she was in front of me the next instant. And somehow she made even that seem so graceful. Even if she didn't enter my personal space, her aura was threatening enough. It spoke for her, demanding for the reason I dared disrupt her rest.

"Greetings Goddess!" Her eyes held amusement at that. Undeterred I continued with introducing myself , "This one is Yuan Ying, courtesy name Wuxian."